Share screen not working in 1.9.6 - TypeError: e.desktopSharingValue.video.play is not a function

Description
Share screen is not working for me in 1.9.6. Even though I can see the share screen button, whenever I try to share screen I get the following error in the console:

TypeError: e.desktopSharingValue.video.play is not a function

It says that I’m sharing the screen and I get the green header, however, it only displays a black screen, not my screen. Also, my init options are the following:

ZoomMtg.init({
    leaveUrl: `/`,
    isSupportPolling: false,
    isSupportChat: true,
    showMeetingHeader: true,
    showPureSharingContent: true,
    screenShare: true,

Waiting for any advice,
Mihai T.

Hey @mihai.temian,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This seems to be happening because you are using HTTP instead of HTTPS. Please test using a tool like Ngrok which will create an HTTPS secured tunnel to your local server and provide a public URL.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

I’ve tested it on HTTPS and still get this error:

I found out someone had a similar problem:

Hey @mihai.temian,

Thanks for testing that out. That’s interesting, are you seeing the same error when testing with the Sample Web App? Further, does this only happen with 1.9.6?

Please share your codebase if this is only reproducible with your implementation and I’ll investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM I am using version 1.9.6 and still facing this issue. Is there a permanent fix for this ?

Hey @madhurya,

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you see the same issue when testing on the Sample Web App? I haven’t been able to reproduce this so far.

If you’re able to provide steps to reproduce the issue that should help.

Thanks,
Max

@madhurya @mihai.temian

It looks like another customer reported this and it is related to enabling the WebCodecs Origin Trial. Can you confirm if this is enabled on your implementation as well?

Thanks,
Max

Nope WebCodecs Origin Trial is not enabled. Here’s what I am using :

Hi @madhurya,

Were you able to see the same issue when testing on the Sample Web App ?

Do you have steps to reproduce you can share? So far we haven’t been able to reproduce on our sample app.

Thanks,
Will

@will.zoom I am just following regular steps to get it running, just one change that I was not able to load WebSDK dependency resources directly from node_modules so I have moved that into public folder. I am not even able to use options like request remote control for some reason.

Well as far as Sample Web App is concerned, I have created a meeting and then tried to join with the sample app I am getting this error:

Thanks!!

Hi! Any updates on this issue ??

Hi @madhurya,

As this thread is related to screenshare issues on 1.9.6, please create a new thread for this. Please include a screenshot of any browser console errors you’re seeing as well.

Thanks,
Will