WEB Sdk share screen not working

Hi.
I’m using Zoom Web SDK to jon a meeting. When I use share screen get error “Cannot read property ‘getDisplayMedia’ of undefined”

I use Google Chrome Version 75.0.3770.
I also checked on other PCs and browser versions, but the result is the same.

What is the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi @JeffD,

Which version of the WebSDK are you using, CDN, Local or NPM? Also what is the meeting ID that you’re using?

Thanks

I use CDN v1.6. also check 1.5 but the error is the same.
Meeting ID 304171270

Thanks

Hey @JeffD,

After looking into this we were unable to reproduce the error. Can you please share your code so we can debug and provide steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Jeff,

While we were troubleshooting, we weren’t able to see why screensharing wasn’t working, However, we used your credentials and meeting ID with a fresh install of our sample web app 1.6.0 and it works(see screenshot below). Looking at the code it seems that developers are re-organizing the structure of the index.js file which is out of the scope of our support.

Can you check with the developers and see if the screen share works when redownloading the WebSDK as is without re organizing the code base?

Hi. I implemented websdk in my website. Join Audio by Computer and Screen sharing is not working please suggest help

Hi @farooq.ahmed,

Can you open the console log and see if any errors are showing up? Also, if you have deployed this on your dev server, make sure to use use https as it’s a requirement for browsers to allow access to your mic and camera.

thanks for your response. I am getting this error.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘getDisplayMedia’ of
undefined
at handleOnClick (zoom-meeting-1.7.5.min.js:2)
at Object.sh (react-dom.min.js:164)
at rh (react-dom.min.js:13)
at uh (react-dom.min.js:13)
at Ge (react-dom.min.js:15)
at vh (react-dom.min.js:165)
at ad (react-dom.min.js:15)
at cd (react-dom.min.js:17)
at Uh (react-dom.min.js:39)
at Zg (react-dom.min.js:158)

Hey @farooq.ahmed,

Make sure you have included the required files and are serving your site over https.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, I am getting this error while trying to screen share.

Any Ideas why this might happen?

Same here, any update on this?

@mihai.temian yes.
Solution: I found that e.desktopSharingvalue.video is expected to be video element but instead we receive canvas. You can search for this id: sharer-client-sharing-canvas in your sdk code and change the element from canvas to video. It should work.

1 Like

Hey @madhurya and @mihai.temian,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. What version of the Web SDK are you using when you see this? Was this working before or is this a new implementation?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

I got this error when i added the meta tags Origin Trials from this issue (link) and set this in my sdk configuration:
ZoomMtg.prepareJssdk([ 'WebAssembly SIMD', 'WebCodecs' ]);

Best Regards
Rafael

Hey @zoom.hyper.01,

I’m not seeing the error that you referenced, can you share it again?

Thanks,
Max