SharedArrayBuffer deprecated

I installed Sentry on my production application and noticed a deprecation error filling up all my logs.

ReportingObserver [deprecation]: SharedArrayBuffer will require cross-origin isolation as of M91, around May 2021. See https://developer.chrome.com/blog/enabling-shared-array-buffer/ for more details.

According to my understanding, these headers need to be added to Zoom API responses,

Cross-Origin-Embedder-Policy: require-corp
Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy: same-origin

Someone check this out once.

@MaxM @tommy Can you guys check this out once?

@will.zoom @tommy @MaxM Can anyone check this out?

Hi @spectrumonlinecoachi,

Thank you for reaching out about this—to clarify, did you add Sentry logging to Zoom API requests, or something else? If you’re seeing warnings for CORS, please note that our APIs must be called from your backend—we don’t support calling our APIs from a frontend service.

Let me know if there are any additional details you can share so that I can better understand how you’re leveraging our APIs in relation to the errors you’ve shared here.

Thanks,
Will

Hey @will.zoom ,

Sentry logging is added to the whole application as default, so it logs out errors across the platform completely. No zoom API calls are made from the frontend, the only zoom calls that are made are by Zoom SDK.

I’m using Setup - Sentry module for the loggings.

I see, thanks for clarifying @spectrumonlinecoachi.

We are looking into this (CS-3305).

Thanks,
Will

Hey @spectrumonlinecoachi,

Zoom have now released an announcement about this and how it will affect the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Alex

Thanks for sharing @alexmayo :slight_smile:

@spectrumonlinecoachi let us know if you have any questions about this.

Best,
Will

@will.zoom Just want to clarify here we need to do the cross-origin update to keep using the WebSDK?

@developer-whova, if you wish to use the SDK in Chrome, that’s correct.

Thanks, The documentation seems limited where is the helper.html mentioned?

Following up on this one @will.zoom

I have done more testing with the cross-origin isolation enabled, it seems to works fine on Chrome Canary 92 and the current stable version, my question is now as described in the documentation here https://web.dev/cross-origin-isolation-guide/ under the caution section there will be some issues if we have popups for some third-party authentication.

I added the meta tags for the origin trials but however, the gallery view seems still shown as disabled from the chrome 92 canary that I used for testing. does it need to be on the document header instead?

nvm got it working with the trials

Sorry for the delay there @developer-whova. I’m glad to hear that you got it figured out!

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.