Sharing different whiteboards in breakout rooms

I wish to create four whiteboards, each with a different heading, on which participants can annotate/brainstorm using the text tool.

I then want to share the annotated whiteboards separately with four breakout rooms, where each room has one of the four annotated whiteboards, e.g. breakout 1 has heading 1, breakout 2 has heading 2, etc.

The work in the breakout rooms consists in sorting/moving the brainstormed text boxes on their designated whiteboard to create groupings, then annotate a label/theme for each grouping.

Once the breakout room work is completed, participants return to the main room, and share their room’s whiteboard.

Is this possible to do?

Thank you.

Hey @pierre,

Not sure this is possible.

Please reach out to support.zoom.us for questions unrelated to the Zoom App Marketplace.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy… have enquired but no answer yet

1 Like

Thanks @pierre,

Apologies on the delays from the support team as they work hard to get to your enquiry.

-Tommy

Tommy, while I am waiting on my original enquiry, I have another: I am using 5.0.3, and there is no “Co-Host” option in Settings, In Meeting (basic).

Hey @pierre,

Looks like you need to have at least a Pro account:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you Tommy… missed that prerequisite. I have now upgraded my account to Pro

Tommy,

Can the Select tool be shared with a co-host?

Hey @pierre,

Happy to hear you got it working!

As for the whiteboard usage itself, please reach out to support.zoom.us or see this article:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Pierre- I am wondering if you ever got an answer to your query regarding different whiteboards for breakout rooms. This is something I would be interested in as well. Thanks!

Howie

Good day Howie,

No, I have not gotten an answer. Any suggestions?

Pierre

Afraid not. I think it would be a good feature. I also use Adobe Connect which works differently and it uses the concept of pods in rooms so you can designate a share pod in a room divorced from a particular user. You can share screen, white board, document, etc. My wife, who is the training person (I handle the back end), could use the same ability you asked about right now.

Do you have any advanced technical support contacts at Zoom?

I don’t… Sorry. It looked like from the thread that you had the ear of someone.

Howie

I will keep you in the loop if/when this is resolved.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Hey @hrgoldstein, @pierre,

Feel free to add this as a feature request directly to our product team here: zoom.us/feed

Thanks,
Tommy

Done! Thank you! Would be happy to beta test if this makes it to implementation.

Thanks for sending in the feature request! :slight_smile:

-Tommy