Sharing files to Chatbot

I am developing a chatbot based on the blog ( Build a Chatbot - Chatbots - Documentation - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference)).

The chatbot appears to be up and running, it shows the welcome message (from Zoom App Marketplace), but no response from the bot.
I would like to share a file with the chatbot, but there is no file option available for a chatbot. Other contacts, it shows Screenshot and Files like this:

Why I could not share a file with Chatbot? Is it by design? or is it because of the chatbot issue? My account type is BASIC.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hey @cat,

You can share an attachment if you use the Attachment message type :slight_smile:

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
Thanks for the feedback, I will take a look, my expectation is that user to send a message with attachment to my bot.
Currently, the bot is not responding to any message, I got the welcome message because it was configured to send a welcome message from Zoom App Marketplace, when it was configured to use bot, I don’t get the welcome message too, Node.JS cmd prompt, I see following log message:
GET /authorize 302 Found
POST / 404 Not Found

Do I need a pro plan?
I appreciate your help.
Thanks

Sorry, the link does not help.
When i select a file with right click share option, it shows only Channels and real human contacts, not any chatbot.
When i copy and paste the file to ChatBot, i got the error message that "You cannot chat with because is not your contact.

Is there a way to make the chatbot as part of my contacts?, so that I could share a file to the chatbot.

Hey @cat,

You cannot share a file with a Chatbot via the Zoom UI. You can however, have the Chatbot send a file programmatically.

Checkout our getting started guide to get your Chatbot up and running:

Thanks,
Tommy

Is it a current limitation?
Currently, Zoom UI allows users to send a file to human contact, will it available for a chatbot in near future?

You can, however, [have the Chatbot send a file programmatically.]>>
Your suggestion would be that Chatbot to show the list of available files (already shared files) using Zoom API and allow the user to choose the file, that will be processed by the chatbot.

Hey @cat,

Correct, currently the feature you are looking for does not exist.

Feel free to create a feature request here: #feature-requests :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,
As per your suggestion, I am investigating chatbot to show the list of files programmatically and allow users to select.
Is there any API for
getting a list of shared files for the user [OR]
getting the list of meetings for the user and getting files for each meeting [OR]
getting files for the past meetings (GET /past_meetings/{meetingId}/files), this is marked as deprecated.
Any pointer is greatly appreciated.

Hey @cat,

Unfortunately there is no way with the Zoom API to get files shared within a Zoom meeting.

You can save them automatically though, here is a guide on how to do so:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @Tommy,
Any possibility that the List Past Meeting Files deprecated API available in future?
List Past Meeting Files API
That would address my requirement.
Thanks

Hi @cat,

While I can definitely appreciate your use case, I’m afraid that API will likely remain unavailable. As Tommy mentioned, however, you can do this through the Zoom Client either manually or automatically.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @Will,
Thanks for the feedback.

you can do this through the Zoom Client either manually or automatically
How to do this automatically thru the Zoom client?

Hi @cat,

By automatically, I’m referring to the Auto-Save feature in your settings. You can manage this by following the steps here:

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.