Show Zoom video call queue on front-end

Hello,

It was suggested by Zoom phone support that I post my question here on the capability of Zoom API/CDNs (could not find in development documentation).

On our website, we want to have a button that users can click to do a video meeting with 1 representative. They will be put in queue to speak to that representative. What I can’t seem to find is a way to show how many people are currently in queue to speak to the rep using Javascript (front-end).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @vlad.kapitantchouk ,

You can have them click the button which lets them join a waiting room for an open meeting. Using this webhook, meeting.participant_joined_waiting_room, you can use that data to show a queue of people waiting to speak to a representative.

Let me know if that helps!

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/events/#operation/meeting.participant_joined_waiting_room

Hi Gianni, thanks for much for that suggestion - we’ll give that a try!

1 Like

Okay sounds good, let me know how it works out.

Hi Gianni, we’ve given it a try, and it’s unfortunately not the most accurate method (ex. if 100+ people join at once, the webhook may not send 100 requests). However, it’s the best solution I’ve seen; thank you for the solution.

Hopefully one day Zoom comes out with an API that specifically states the number of participants in the waiting room of the meeting.

Thanks again!

@vlad.kapitantchouk , sorry it is not a stronger solution but happy to be of assistance. You can also suggest that data be provided via #feature-requests :slight_smile:

No no, your solution is the best I’ve come across - I truly appreciate your help! :smiley:

Will do, thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.