Simplification of credentials for meeting SDK apps of SDK app type (Specification change after February 12, 2023)

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/auth/
Regarding the subject, as described at the beginning of the above URL,
Using the Client ID/Secret issued by creating a new meeting SDK app type today,
When I try to join a meeting with Meeting SDK (v2.8.0 or lower), I get the attached error.

On the other hand, when I tried with the Meeting SDK (v2.9.0 or higher), I was able to confirm that the join was successful,
Will this be a restriction on the Meeting SDK side? Or is there any possibility of bugs?
(In any case, I would like to ask if join will work properly with v2.8.0 or lower in the future.)

The meeting ID used for the above operation check is as follows. (I am using an account different from this Zoom account)
・Meeting ID: 5655707564
・Operation confirmation date: 2023/03/07 06:50 UTC

Hi @netrlt_zoom02 ,

In the older version (2.8.0 for this case) of web SDK, there is a key length check on the API key. This check is not compatible with client ID and client secret, hence you might get the error message below

errorMessage: 'Api key length error, must 22/36'

If you have an meeting SDK App Type created before 12th feb 2023, you can continue to use SDK Key and SDK Secret for Authorization for Web SDK 2.8.0 and lower

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.