Start instant meeting with automatic login

Hello!

I’m creating an instant meeting and can only really start the meeting when I acess the start_url and login in.

Is there a way to make the logging in process automatic to start the meeting as soon as I create it?

Sorry if this has already been answered but the only similar questions I could find where from 2019 and 2021.

Thanks!

@lucascbernardoni A meeting is consider started when the host or alternative host joins it. If it is asking you to login even after clicking the start_url, the possible reasons could be:

1. The ZAK (appended to the start URL) token may be expired
  2. You may have meeting authentication enabled (Requiring authentication to join a meeting or webinar - Zoom Support)

If thats not the case, can you let me know if you are creating a meeting with type 1 or type 2? If its type 1 can you switch to type 2 and let me know if it solves the problem?

First, thanks for the answer @ojus.zoom!

I guess my explanation was a bit misleading.

I’m, indeed, logged in. The step I want to make automatic is the confirmation to join the room after I click the start_url.
I wish I could just click the start_url and join the meeting. Or even join the meeting directly after creating it by using the start_url as parameter.

And, just to clearify, my example is a meeting with type 1.

In this case your best bet is to join the meeting through the browser.

When you get the start URL, modify it in this way to start a meeting:

https://zoom.us/wc/{id}/start?zak={token}

to join the meeting you dont need zak token, but it may ask the user to login if meeting authentication is required.

If you already have the user whom you want to join the meeting on behalf of then use this schema:

https://zoom.us/wc/{MeetingID}/join?zak={token}

1 Like

The thing is: I don’t want to open up the browser.

This is how my application works: I load my page and a meeting is created. I have a button to join the meeting I’ve just created. I click it and the Zoom meeting window pops up successfully, but, since the meeting was not properly iniciated (through the start_url), I have to “Wait for the host to start the meeting”. To start it, it’s necessary to access the start_url in the browser and click some stuff to confirm.

Since I don’t want to use the browser to access the start_url and iniciate the meeting, I would like to use the start_url in some way to work by just clicking my “Join Meeting” button.

Is this possible?