Spotlight issues

Description
There seem to be a couple of issues with spotlighting users.

1. The SDK does not support multiple spotlights.
  2. When spotlighting someone from the SDK the behavior on iPad (specifically, not on iPhone) is incorrect. The first spotlight works correctly, but subsequent spotlights end up presenting the previously spotlighted user as spotlighted.

Which version?
v5.2.42037.1112

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

SDK App:

1. Start a meeting

iPad

1. Join the meeting that was started

SDK App:
2. Spotlight “User A” (MobileRTCMeetingService.spotlightVideo)

iPad
2. “User A” is spotlighted.

SDK App:
3. Spotlight “User B” (MobileRTCMeetingService.spotlightVideo)

iPad
3. “User A” is incorrectly still spotlighted.

SDK App:
4. Spotlight “User C” (MobileRTCMeetingService.spotlightVideo)

iPad
4. “User B” is incorrectly spotlighted.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPad
  • Version: 14.x

So glad to hear I’m not the only person having this issue.

To add some information to this - I’m seeing the same problem when performing the spotlighting from the Windows Desktop SDK version 4.6.21666.0428. It’s been working well for months, but this problem started in the last week or two.

As a partial workaround, I’ve found that if (in the SDK) I cancel the first spotlight before starting the next one, that cures the problem about 2/3 of the time. My next experiment will be to pause for a couple of hundred milliseconds between the “cancel” and “next spotlight” operations.

That’s exactly the workaround I’m using but it would be great if we didn’t have to. Better yet, if multi-Spotlight were supported.

Hey @jeremy.provost & @jonskeet,

Thanks for using the dev forum and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will let the team know about this. If possible can you reproduce the issue once more and send SDK logs to developersupport@zoom.us? To obtain the logs on iOS please follow the steps at the bottom of this page: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/sdk-initialization
The logs will be encrypted, which is intentional :slight_smile: Mention my name and/or add a link to this forum post.

To help speed up resolution time please provide the following in the email as well:

1. Does this happen every time?
  2. Any relevant code.
  3. Does this also happen in the sample application: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/releases/tag/v5.2.42037.1112
  4. This issue did not happen in previous versions correct?

Thank you!
I will update you as soon as I hear anything.
Michael

It happens every time with me (although the workaround only works intermittently).

Note that in my case, I’m not using the iOS SDK - I’m using the Windows Desktop SDK (with the C# wrapper). The iOS client is just the stock client from the app store. The issue didn’t occur with older versions of the iOS client; I haven’t changed the SDK for months (so it’s a change in the iOS client, not in what my Windows application is doing).

Which logs do you want: the ones from the Windows SDK, or the ones from the iOS client?

I tend to agree with @jonskeet. Upon further review this appears to have changed without changes to the SDK. It appears to be an issue with the iPad Zoom app. Not sure how to get logs from there. But in any case it is very easily reproduced.

Hey @jonskeet & @jeremy.provost,

I see thank you both for clarifying. I will forward this to the client team.

Thanks!
Michael