Switch user type Basic Licensed through API and billing

I’ve read in the docs that you can switch user type from Basic to Licensed vice versa through the API. How will Zoom calculate the billing cost when, say, I switch from 10 Licensed users for two weeks, to 4 Licensed users for two weeks, then 8 licensed users for five days, etc? Will billing be calculated dynamically, per hour, day, week, month? TIA!

Hey @BoringUsername,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Good question! When you sign up for a plan, you purchase the number of licenses that you want and they are assigned to your account. Regardless of how you assign them, they will be available to your account and billable.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for your info Max, I appreciate it. But are you saying that the number of licenses will be added to our plan indefinitely? Or can we cancel/add them on a monthly basis (we have montly billing)?

Hey @BoringUsername,

You would change the number of licenses you want through the Billing section of your Web Portal. We have more information on changing licenses or plans here:

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.