I have a macOS SDK application (Account-level app | SDK credentials) registered about 1.5-2 years ago. Back then there was no OAuth, so users of our app could sign in using an email/password pair. The app is in active use by users both from our Zoom account organization and from other accounts too.
Now the time has come to update the SDK to using OAuth but during the process I don’t want to break the experience for existing users and I want to allow them to continue using email/password to sign in to Zoom with our application.
Ideally I would register a separate user-managed SDK application for OAuth without publishing it on Marketplace because it’s not yet available for general public. Then I would walk through the process of updating the SDK, testing and so on in parallel to the existing app. Unfortunately as I see Zoom does not allow having more than one SDK application registered so this approach won’t work and I have to deal with the application that we already have.
On my current app I see “Update” link, which opens a popup with the following text:
Your SDK app uses a JWT method, which will need to be replaced by an OAuth method. By clicking “Update App”, you confirm that your app will be updated to use OAuth. Learn More
I understand that when I press “Update app” I show my intent to switch to OAuth and new fields, options and parameters for OAuth will be added for my application, but I have some questions:
- Will older builds of our application with non-OAuth methods and older Zoom SDK stop allowing users to sign in with email and password? Or maybe nothing will change for existing builds with older SDK?
- Will my application switch from account-level to user-managed?
- If my application will stay “account-level” how can I switch it to “user-managed”?
- In general, do you have any advice on how I should approach to updating SDK and switching to OAuth in this situation, to keep the current builds working and to make sure our new OAuth app is user-managed level?
- Is there any way to keep the app hidden/unpublished on Zoom Marketplace if we want even the external users to sign in?
- Are there any changes planned for near future that may simplify or change the approach to switching from non-OAuth to OAuth SDK app, that may make us want to postpone the upgrade to OAuth for a little?
Thanks in advance, Andrew S.