Temporarily disable webhook notifications

Is it possible to turn webhook notifications on and off without removing all the configuration? I’ve set up a few webhooks and are using them to test some server-side code. But whilst making changes to this code, it won’t be handling the webhook requests, and it would be ideal to stop them being triggered. But I can’t see how to do this without losing all the configuration.

The toggle switch on the ‘Feature’ section of the app marketplace looks like it should just enable / disable them, but the popup warns that switching them off will also remove them… Perhaps there is some other way?

At the end of the day, it’s no skin off my nose to leave them running, but they’re using unnecessary resources on the Zoom side, and presumably adding errors to some log somewhere that I’ll never look at…

Many thanks,

David

Hey @dsl101,

Currently the only way to do this would be to turn off the event subscriptions, which does remove the configuration.

However, you could just remove all the webhook events except one to limit the webhooks being sent.

Thanks,
Tommy

But, that would effectively remove the configuration! I’m trying to keep the set of webhooks I want to respond to, but just not have them triggered. And as I said, if my endpoint isn’t running, I really don’t mind them being triggered—that’s more a Zoom resource issue. If you want to fix it, that would be fine with me :).

Hey @dsl101,

Gotcha! This is a good suggestion and I will add this as a feature request. For now just leave them on. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy