The email domain does not match the associated domain of the account, please contact Zoom Customer Support to set up if necessary

************* FIXED *************
** had to add the domain to Associated Domains list on the acount and verify that. Still don’t get why this didn’t crash earlier/worked earlier.

Hi there. We’re using the Zoom API to create zoom meetings so that we can access them via zoom web sdk. When a user on our platform wants to create a meeting, the request he makes will generate an SSO account for him (using SCIM2 API (POST)[ /scim2/Users]) if one does not exist already. This functionality was developed months ago and it was all working fine. Recently, the step of creating a new user fails.
The response throws:
{
| schemas: [ ‘urn:ietf:params:scim:api:messages:2.0:Error’ ],
| detail: ‘The email domain does not match the associated domain of the account, please contact Zoom Customer Support to set up if necessary.’,
| status: 400
|
}

Looking at the error, this is incorrect since the email domain DOES match with the associated domain of the account, which is “@techcity.ventures” in this case. When creating an account - we format the email: “uniqueId@techcity.ventures”. Why would this not work now when it was all working until now ?

Waiting for a reply on this ASAP. Thanks!

Hey @techcityventures,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m not sure why this would’ve worked in the past. I looked into this and there weren’t any recent updates to the API that I can see. Regardless, I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue!

Feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues.

Thanks,
Max

figured out why it was working - it was added there before - then we were downgraded… which removed it then we had to add it back - I was not aware of the first two.

1 Like

Hey @techcityventures,

Got it, that makes sense. Thank you for sharing the cause of the issue! I’m sure this will be helpful for others.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.