The libraries dependency to JCenter in mobilertc build.gradle

Hello,

As for the announcement from google and JFlog, JCenter is closed(read only).

All active maintained libraries are moving to other repository like maven central or Google.

But your released zoom-sdk-android-5.7.1.1267 mobilertc depends on JCenter.
The exoplayer and flexbox already have moved to google repository.

Could you update the dependency on build.gradle?

These are latest dependencies for exoplayer and flexbox.
com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.15.0
com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-ui:2.15.0
com.google.android.flexbox:flexbox:3.0.0

Thank you

Hi @POLYGLOTS_Lesson, thanks for bringing this up.

We are aware of this announcement and will be sure to migrate to the new repositories for all dependencies once they are updated to a version that is not available on JCenter. Since there are no plans for JCenter to stop hosting existing artifacts, this should not impact SDK functionality for the time being. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom , thank you for your reply!

I understand your situation, but there are 2 problems.

1. JCenter is “Read only” repository, so security fixes and important changes are not applied. Your using exoplayer 2.12.3 version is old.

2. We are using exoplayer in our app. It references latest 2.15.0 version, but 2.15.0 removes a ui class your mobilertc references…

As for 2nd problem. How can I fix it?

Thank you

Hi @POLYGLOTS_Lesson,

I can assure you that we audit the dependencies used in our SDK and update them as needed if any important security fixes are released. If this means migrating to a new repository for a dependency, that will be done at the time of the update. :slightly_smiling_face:

We are using exoplayer in our app. It references latest 2.15.0 version, but 2.15.0 removes a ui class your mobilertc references…

This is a dependency conflict, so the only immediate solution available for you would be to use the same version as the SDK. We can certainly investigate updating to 2.15.0, but may not be able to do so for some time since it appears to introduce breaking changes. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as soon as we have finished investigating this.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.