New functionality with our Zoom integration relies on “user.activation” webhook events, yet we do not receive them when a new user initially activates their account from the email invite. I am testing this from our Dev sub-account, and, have verified that we never receive this webhook event. We do successfully receive the “user.activation” webhook event when activating a user from the Zoom.us “User Management” admin page. But we need this to work when a user initially activates their account via the invite email link.
Which Endpoints or App Types
I have tested webhooks on our Dev sub-account using the JWT app and subscribing to the user webhook events. I also tried testing with subscribing to webhook events via the Webhook Only app, and see similar behavior.
How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Setup JWT app in marketplace and enable WebHook subscriptions for user events.
- Confirm webhooks are successfully sent from zoom and receive at the “Event notification endpoint URL” when activating and deactivating existing users from the Zoom “User Management” admin page.
- Create a user via the API (which sends an email invite to the user)
- Check “Activate your Zoom Account” button in email invite
- Proceed to setup account by setting a password
- Notice the new user is activated in the Zoom “User Management” admin page
- Notice that no “user.activation” webhook event was sent by Zoom or received by the “Event notification endpoint URL” . Nor is the event ever sent after the user proceeds to create/join meetings from Zoom.us. Our LMS is unaware that the user’s account is activated.