The "user-invitation-accepted" event is triggered before zoom user is available in zoom api

Description
We have registered a “web hook only” application with the “User has accepted the account invitation” event. On receiving this event, our system tries to update the user via the zoom API to set some properties but on occasions we get a 400 “Validation Failed” response when attempting this. From what I can see this is simply that the activation process on the zoom side has not yet completed as resending the same request a few minutes afterwards seems to succeed. We need the user update to work imidiatly after the event has been trigggered.

Error
Zoom to our Webhook is successful. Our Webhook application call to zoom API in order to update user gets 400 “Validation Failed” response

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook & JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

Webhook: user-invitation-accepted

API: PATCH /users/{userId}

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Develop and publish an application to receive the web hook call from zoom. Code the application to call the zoom API to update the user when the user-invitation-accepted event is received. In the update set the dept, job_title location fields.
  2. Create a new zoom user
  3. Get the user to accept the invitation link
  4. Monitor the application to see the response from the zoom API when attempting to update the user
  5. If the response is successful, repeat the above steps until you get a validation failed response.

Hi @rob.harkiss,

User verification processing may have a slight delay. While we’re always working on improving efficiency/performance, I recommend adding a small delay/timeout to ensure you don’t run into this issue.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will

Thanks for your reply.

I know there are technical solutions we can implement on our side to cope with this but they become very complicated very quickly for something that should be really simple. For example, there have been instances where a user cannot be updated 5 mins after we receive the event. Therefore we would have to implement some kind of queue to capture the messages for reprocessing and so on.

My preferred solution would be to receive an event from you when the user registration is complete and I can update the user via the API. Does such and even exist or could the current event be changed to be raised after the user activation process is complete? That way it does not matter how long it takes you to complete the activation process on your side.

Many thanks
Rob

Hi @rob.harkiss,

Thanks for this feedback, I can appreciate the use case here. While there isn’t an event for this at the moment, it’s a great suggestion. If you’re so inclined, I’d encourage you to consider posting this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

In the meantime, if you do see significant delays between user activation and the ability to update the user via API, let us know. The best workaround at the moment would be to consider adding some time between your requests.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.