The user.presence_status_updated webhook does not trigger 'Offline' event

Description
When a user exits or signs out of the client app the user’s presence status is changed to Offline, however, the user.presence_status_updated webhook does not trigger. Further, user.signed_out does not trigger if the user exits the client app (without signing out first), even though the user is signed out. How can the event be captured when a user’s presence changes to offline?
Error
No error message. Expected behavior not occurring. When a user’s presence status changes to Offline the user.presence_status_updated webhook is expected to trigger but it does not.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
user.presence_status_updated
user.signed_out

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Subscribe to user.presence_status_updated and user.signed_out
  2. Sign in to client app
  3. Exit the client app (without signing out first)
  4. Neither of the above webhooks trigger

Hey @acb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When testing this internally I saw that everything was working as expected so I’m thinking this has to do with the endpoint that you’re using. Does the endpoint you’re using always return 200 OK receipt of a Webhook payload? Are you able to get other Webhooks from this endpoint? If Zoom gets a response other than 200 OK from an endpoint, it will stop sending events to that endpoint.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

Thank you for the response. Yes, we receive other webhooks from this endpoint all returning 200 OK. When monitoring the endpoint I can see that all other status changes (Available, Do_Not_Disturb, Away, In_Meeting, etc.) are firing but the endpoint does not even receive a request when the user goes offline.

The client app is version 5.4.58891 if that’s meaningful.

Thank you,
Andrew

Hey @acb,

Thank you for providing additional information. Have you confirmed that the user is not logged in on another device such as a mobile device? This may cause their status to remain Online. If that doesn’t help, please email developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread and the User ID or Email of a user that exhibits this issue. I’ll be sure to investigate this further from there.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.