This endpoint is deprecated and will not be accessible once the next Graph API version is released. Please use the Live API instead

Description
when going for a live zoom on facebook i get this message about a deprecated API, it is working but how to update to rhis new API?

Error
This endpoint is deprecated and will not be accessible once the next Graph API version is released. Please use the Live API instead.

1 Like

Just following to know the answer to this

Im a user, and cant go live on FB and im paying in time so i deman a fast solution!

Any solutions to this ? I get same message and it is unclear what has to be done next. Thank you.

@thanks2hans @matt8 @jlcarrillop89 @emi,

As this functionality is supported by our Technical Support team, please reach out to them directly here regarding this. They will be best suited to further investigate this Facebook-related Livestreaming error for you.

Thank you,
Will

Hello, I also receive this message. What should I do?
Now, I don’t have transmission problems but I’m afraid to have them in the future.

1 Like

Please provide the new way to transmit live on Facebook in the Future, It seems this way will not work in the near future.

Thanks

@azareelgg @celestegalvez21,

Please reach out to our Technical Support team directly here regarding this. They will be best suited to further investigate this Facebook-related Livestreaming error for you.

Thank you,
Will

I just got this same message, but I am not a developer so I am completely lost! Have reached out to technical support but have not heard back. Please tell me zoom is working on this

same issue here. Hopefully there will be a solution to this. Otherwise, I will have to use an RTMP Streaming server.

I have been receiving the same message when streaming zoom to FB. I contacted the support team just, as per one post, and received this back, if t helps anyone:

Thanks for contacting Zoom Support!

For issues with live streaming to Facebook, there can be a few different causes and solutions.

Zoom does not currently support the new Facebook Live Producer feature, so if you see a notification to “try the new Live Producer” feature, please choose Dismiss to continue the live stream with their original streaming service.

Facebook made changes to their streaming service in early 2018 and now prevents some users from live streaming to groups. If you are unable to live stream your webinar to Facebook, you can configure the Facebook Live stream as a custom service as a workaround.

part 1

part 2

Besides those two limitations, issues with streaming generally occur when trying to start the stream in your web browser. A new live stream can potentially be using older files from the last time you live streamed, so clearing the browser’s cached files often helps. These instructions for Chrome and Firefox show you how to clear the cache.

Note: Clearing the cache will log you out of all websites on that browser, which will require you to log back in to any sites you were previously logged in to.

part 3

You can also try using a different browser to live stream. Open a separate browser, log in to Facebook, then copy and paste the link Zoom is currently trying to open in the browser. This should work very similar to clearing the browser cache, if that option is not possible for you.

Setting up the live stream as a custom service may work better than an instant live stream. It takes a bit more time to configure, but can avoid issues, as Facebook is already expecting a live stream.

This should help to resolve the issue. Certainly let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

sorry in 3 parts, wouldn’t let me have all the links on one post!

Same issue here =: This endpoint is deprecated and will not be accessible once the next Graph API version is released. Please use the Live API instead. This needs to be fixed by Zoom asap!? We are running the FB Live stream from within Zoom, not browser-based.

@ANLPVision,

Please reach out to our Technical Support Team regarding this issue, as they support this functionality.

Thank you,
Will

I have seen this suggestion several times now and based on the responses above, it appears that Tech Support isn’t offering a solution either. Please look into this issue and provide a solution.

Cleared the cache, as well as tried a different browser (it usually streams automatically to microsoft edge, but I copy and paste to firefox), but unfortunately, still receiving the same error message. It says that it’s in the LIVE producer mode when trying to stream to Facebook, but I don’t know when it switched over (been streaming zoom via FB since April 2020). Also, I’m not sure how to disable the LIVE producer function if that’s even an option.

Last year when just doing FB lives, I had to switch to the updated version of producer on my laptop, but then never used my laptop to do FB lives (stuck to my phone, easier!). So not sure if there have been anymore live producer updates. I have used zoom to FB today on my laptop as usual and still get the message (that this tread is about), but was still able to stream. unsure how long it will last though :frowning_face:

Hey @sarahphillips07, @normantiffani and @jbennett,

As this is outside the scope of #api-and-webhooks, our Customer Support Team will be able to assist you directly with this issue. In this forum topic, we are focused on and equipped to address issues related to #api-and-webhooks only.

It’s also important to note that while the API is deprecated, typically an API will remain in a deprecated state for quite some time before it is removed in order to give developers time to adjust their codebase to the new changes. That is because changes like this can take time to implement.

That being said, our Customer Support Team will be able to offer more insight into the issue.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.