Tie webhook call for meeting to specific user

Description
I am trying to create an app where I can detect meeting actions, like meeting.ended, meeting.started, meeting.sharing_started, etc… I understand that I can register for a webhook event, however, once I get a webhook event, I assume I will get a webhook event for every user that is using my application, how I do I tie an event to a particular user. Here is a sample flow for what I am trying to do:

• Users, John and Tim, completely unrelated to each other, log into my app
  • When John joins a meeting, I want to get notified that Joh joined a meeting.
  • If John starts sharing screen, I want to get notified that John has started to share screen.

The last 2 items in the list above are webhooks and as far as I can tell there is no direct relationship between webhook events and Web API. As users John and Tim are both logged into my app, when either one of then starts a meeting, I will get a webhook call that will tell me a meeting has started but it won’t give me much more info. How can I know who started a meeting, John or Tim? If someone starts a meeting and it’s not either John or Tim but they are a participant, will I get notified? I am not sure I am seeing the link between how to leverage webhooks with web api.

Hi @cmoreno.cm,

Welcome to the Zoom Developer Community, and good question. Happy to help.

To that end, if you’re leveraging our webhooks for Meeting events (started/ended), these will return the ID of the host User. If you’re interested in particular users, you can use our Participant Joined/Left webhooks, which will let you know about specific users:

With the user ID, you can then query that specific user with our GET User endpoint:

The Meeting.sharing_started webhook returns a participant object that includes the user id of the sharer as well.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.