When using custom UI and recording, a connected user cannot enable his mic or camera and an error is thrown SDKERR_NO_PERMISSION.
This appears to happen because the user has not accepted to be recorded in the prompt that should appear, but this prompt is never appearing and only the audio is heard saying that the meeting is being recorded.
Which Android Meeting SDK version?
If I go back to version 18.104.22.1688 it works without an issue.
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- From Zoom for desktop, start a meeting and begin recording it before SDK app joins.
- From an Android SDK app, join the meeting.
- Notice you will hear the “recording in progress” audible message on the SDK app but no consent dialog appears.
- SDK user is unable to unmute or start video. canUnmuteMyAudio() and canUnmuteMyVideo() both return false.
- Stop recording from desktop.
- Notice SDK user still cannot unmute or start video.
- Start recording from desktop again.
- SDK app pops up consent dialog.
- SDK user can now unmute and start video with no issues.