Transfer meetings from one user to another

Description
just wondering if possible to transfer meetings from one user to another?
'cos i was asked to transfer meetings when i tried to remove a user.
just wondering that if there is API function to do this?

thank you!

Hey @hmy,

You can change who a meeting is scheduled for via the Update Meeting endpoint schedule_for property.

Here is how to setup schedule for:

You can also add one of your users as an alternative host via the settings > alternative_hosts property.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, thanks for your reply.

we have a scenario, one staff used to hold many meetings via her account with her name. she is moved another department she wants to keep the account and transfer some meetings to the successor. how do we do that?

is there any API that i can use?

appreciate if you could help on this scenario.

Hey @hmy,

Is she still under the same Company Zoom account? If so, her meetings will carry over.

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes under same account.

but she wants to transfer some recurrent meetings to her successor and keep some meetings for herself.

possible to do that?

many thanks

Hey @hmy,

Other than using the update endpoint and schedule_for property I mentioned above, there is no way to do this with the API.

Thanks,
Tommy

Great! thank you, this is exactly i looking for.

1 Like

Great!! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello. We have a corporate account with a webinar series and people have already registered. We recently found out we can receive 50% discount off Zoom licenses for new subscriptions. Would it be possible to move the current webinar series (with the same link) to a new account where we can get the 50% discount off of Zoom license?

Hey @seema,

Your question is not related to this topic or the API Platform. Please reach out to support.zoom.us for billing questions.

Thanks,
Tommy

I have a similar question. I have a Pro account and I host a weekly community group meeting. I am moving away and need to transfer the meeting host to another group member also with a Pro account. I’ve tried to add an alternate, I’ve tried to add a scheduler, neither have worked. How do I transfer this meeting?
Thanks for your time

Hey @mattgerstle,

I believe our Technical Support team can help with this. Please reach out to them directly here.

Thanks!