Tried adding a new CWindowWnd class to the demo, 124 errors on compile

Description
I wanted to play around with the demo and see how it all works, thought to add a custom window. I mostly just copied and pasted the sdk_init_auth_ui, but removed the “groups” and made it just one class. Visually, I don’t see what’s wrong, but I am lacking a bit in C++ experience compared to other langs so it caught me off-guard when syntax errors started pouring from a different file entirely.

Which Windows Client SDK version?
v5.2.42037.1112

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
• Here’s the code that fails. It doesn’t compile.

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Custom-built (CPU Ryzen 5 1500X)

Additional context
Keep in mind, I’m not begging someone to work for me, I just need help, something to open my eyes about the mistakes I’m making. As I mentioned, it’s a learning process.
Knew to this whole community here so I don’t know what to expect, but I would be grateful for kindness and time.

Note: I also have no clue why the errors dropped a bit.

Seems like it was an import issue.
Commenting out this line fixed it:

#include "sdk_util.h"

Tip for others that run into this same issue:

#include <windows.h>

Hey @BloodWiing,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

I would be happy to help you :slight_smile:. The Zoom SDK relies on the Windows API, the errors you received are because the classes and functions used in “sdk_util.h” reference Windows API classes and functions. That is why including <windows.h> will silence these warnings. You shouldnt have to comment out "#include “sdk_util.h” though.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon , and thank you for welcoming me.

I was able to figure out that a lib was missing and edited my previous reply on the correct solution, didn’t want to send a new reply resulting in this thread being pushed up when it doesn’t need to be.

1 Like

Hey @BloodWiing,

Gotcha, just wanted to make sure :slight_smile: Please let us know if you run into anything else.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.