Trying to subscribe to the Video SDK "Pay As You Go" plan fails

Description

Steps to reproduce

1. Go to https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/developer-accounts and click the “Buy Now” link.
    Make sure you’re not logged in to a Zoom account since you’ll be redirected to a different page in that case.
  2. Fill in all the steps of the three-step wizard.
  3. Click the “Subscribe” button at the third and last step.

Expected behavior
The registration process should continue, or an error message should appear.

Actual behavior
Nothing happens. No error messages appear.

Device

• Device: Computer
  • Browser: Vivaldi, Firefox and Chromium
  • Browser Version: Vivaldi 5.0.2497.32, Firefox 95.02, Chromium 96.0.4664.110

Notes

Checkbox JS error
Clicking the “Not VAT Registered” checkbox in the third step, and then clicking “Yes” in the modal that appears, leads to the following JS errors in the console:

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at eval (“script-src”). gtm.js:3:55
#vatCheckbox all.min.js:28:11667
Object { 0: input#vatCheckbox, length: 1 }

No HTTP calls
Clicking the “Subscribe” button doesn’t cause any HTTP calls except to “sendUserBehavior”.
This makes me suspect that the client side validation doesn’t like something that I’ve done.
I’m guessing it could potentially be related to the JS blocking happening when I checked the “Not VAT Registered” checkbox.

What I’ve tried

• Three different browsers.
  • Talking to support via chat (they redirected me here).
  • Incognito mode in the browser.

Hi @ErikN,

Thanks for reporting this, and sorry for the trouble.

Is there any chance you could share a screenshot of the page you’re getting the error on, as well as the full browser console? I will share this with our Engineering team to help look into it.

Thanks,
Zoom Developer Relations

Sure thing!

I couldn’t upload the image (error message: “Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post”), but I made it available here instead: scrn — ImgBB

For some reason I didn’t get the “Content Security Policy” error issue logged this time, so maybe that one was a red herring. Regardless, clicking the “Subscribe” button does nothing for me (I do not advance to the next step, or see any error messages).

Hi @ErikN,

Thank you for sharing these additional details—this seems like a bug and I’ve raised it with our Billing Engineering team (ZOOM-337678). I hope to have an update for you shortly and will follow up here.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.