Twilio Video Migration Details

Welcome Twilio developers to Zoom Video SDK! Twilio has chosen the Zoom Video SDK as the migration path for the Twilio Video deprecation.

Zoom Video SDK enables developers to power custom video experiences with Zoom’s core technology. Build on Zoom’s global real-time video and audio infrastructure and offer your users the same world class quality, reliability, scalability, and security of the Zoom platform.

The Video SDK provides video, audio, screen sharing, chat, data streams, and more, as a service. You can build with all of these features, or pick and choose. The Video SDK also comes with a full suite of REST APIs and webhooks.

Here are some resources to make this an easy migration:

General resources:

Product Resources:

Developer resources:

We are here to make this a smooth migration and your “last” migration. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

-Tommy Gaessler

@Tommy @rehema.zoom
Hi, We are trying to migrate from Twilio to Zoom video sdk for the webapplication in angular.
We downloaded the Zoom video SDK from the marketplace for Web. Available sdk source code written in the react.How we can integrate the Zoom video SDK for the angular web application? Or do we need to use the npm package zoom/videosdk?

Hey @aswindemo1 ,

You can certainly use the Zoom Video SDK in angular. We even built the Video SDK UI Toolkits in Angular.

I would suggest following the steps here, which work with Angular:

You can also follow the Twilio web migration guides: web | Zoom Video SDK + Twilio migration

Best,
Tommy

Hi @Tommy ,
Can you please give some guidelines how to integrate the Zoom Video SDK in the angular.

Reference link mentioned does not have any files supporting for angular :

videosdk-ui-toolkit-web/index.js at main · zoom/videosdk-ui-toolkit-web · GitHub

If there is no sdk with the source code for developing the zoom video sdk in the angular.

If we choose npm package (zoom/videosdk) how to create the ui. Is there any reference link for that or do we need to create the ui’s from our side.

Hi I would like to migrate from Twlio to zoom video sdk for my application in django. However I can’t find any documentation to do the migration in python.

Hey @aswindemo1 ,

With Video SDK, you build your own user interface (unless you use the Pre Built version called UI Toolkits).

Does that make sense?

You can follow the steps here which work in Angular: Video SDK - web - Get started

Best,
Tommy

Hey @MutchoHk ,

You may use the Video SDK REST APIs directly in Python, however, we do not require you to “pre create” or manage the sessions with a REST API.

The Video SDK is a client side SDK.

Best,
Tommy

Hi @Tommy , while trying to render the two user video in same html canvas facing the error like , only able to see the one participant video another video is not getting displayed, getting error as follow -
(in Video SDK web - implemented in angular),

enforceMultipleVideos option in init option is already set to true to enable rendering multiple videos in same canvas, how to achieve to display multiple user videos on same canvas , followed the Video SDK - web - Video

Hey @aswindemo1 ,

Can you please share your code as well? I assume you are rendering the 2nd video on top of the other one.

We also have rendering logic similar to Twilio, where you can append them individually to the DOM:

Best,
Tommy

@tommy
video content is not present inside the video-player tag for the other user(user video is on), but in the same way able to display the our own video, (video element is not present inside the received video-player)

getVideos() {

let participants = this.client.getAllUser()
console.log(participants)
this.stream.attachVideo(participants[1].userId, 3).then((userVideo) => {
  console.log(userVideo);
  document.querySelector('.video-container').appendChild(userVideo);

})

},

Hey @aswindemo1 ,

Can you make sure you are setting a height and width on the video-player-container, and the video-player?

I assume if you inspect the DOM the video is there, but the height and width have not been set.

Best,
Tommy

Hi @tommy - We are trying to migrate from Twilio to Zoom Video SDK for a one to one calling feature which involves interactions between the two users. We extensively used the data track in Twilio to send the interactions (eg: User 1 is interested in reading this Book A) . What is the equivalent of it in Zoom Video SDK. I see that the command channel has a length limit of 512. We use JSON data to be sent and it would be more than 512. Can you please recommend on what would be ideal to use for this scenario?
Thanks
Anuradha

Hey @anuradha-1090 ,

Command Channel is the right path here. What size commands are you trying to send? Have you thought of sending two messages if the size limit is exceeded?

Command channel supports sending 35 messages per second.

Best,
Tommy

Hi @tommy - The size of the payload should be hardly 1KB. But is there any length restriction because the error I see if “Text exceeds the max length(512)”.

Hey @anuradha-1090 ,

Correct, the current length limit is 512 characters. What number of characters are you wishing to send?

Best,
Tommy

Hi @tommy - It could be anywhere around 2000 characters.

Hey @anuradha-1090 ,

I am checking if we can increase the limit. In the meantime, you can try the Chat Channel instead, I believe it supports a higher character length limit, but lower message per second rate.

Best,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy .
We have another use case to integrate AR effects using libraries such as DeepAR. Do you have some references to integrate video processors on the Video SDK?

Hey @anuradha-1090 ,

Checkout this article by @james.coon :

We also have an update coming to in the Video SDK on web to allow for raw data manipulation for the sender.

Best,
Tommy