Unable to add users using custCreate

Hi, I am encountering issue while trying to add a user. The code below was working fine. But Now it’s raising below error:

code: 2016,
message: ‘No permission, please contact Zoom customer support.’

const createZoomUser = async (data) => {
try {
const JWT_TOKEN = await getAccessToken();
const request = {
“action”: “custCreate”,
“user_info”: {
“email”: data.email,
“type”: 1,
“first_name”: data.firstName
}
};
const config = {
headers: {
“Authorization”: Bearer ${JWT_TOKEN},
“Content-Type”: “application/json”,
“cache-control”: “no-cache”
}
};
const result = axios.post(“https://api.zoom.us/v2/users”, request, config);
return result.data
} catch (error) {
return error.response.data
}
};

It’ll be a great help if anyone points to the direction towards the solution for this problem.

Hi @yajneshsurgicshare
Thanks for reaching out to us!
On Oct 22nd, 2024, Zoom disabled the ability for Zoom One Pro users to create accounts via the Zoom API CustCreate parameter. This means that Pro accounts cannot create non-login users via the Zoom API. Other methods of user creation may continue to be used. The CustCreate functionally is reserved for Zoom ISVs (Independent Software Vendors). If you want to keep the CustCreate API functionality, please contact the Zoom ISV team.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

Thank you @elisa.zoom. The recent transition has resulted in the loss of several customers and an overall unfavourable appearance. Consequently, we are contemplating the exploration of alternative platforms to address these concerns. We appreciate your assistance in providing clarification regarding the issues we have encountered. Thank you.

@yajneshsurgicshare ,

The error which you have encountered is due to the restriction put on Pro accounts.
For custCreate, you will need a API account instead of a Pro account

If you need to create basic users for your account, you can still use the create action to do so.

If you want to keep the CustCreate API functionality, please contact the Zoom ISV team to sign up for an API account

@chunsiong.zoom Thank you for the clarification. Two more questions if you don’t mind

1. Will a reconfiguration be necessary post any changes? This includes considerations for users data and other settings within my current account.
  2. Do you have an approximate time frame for the response period following the submission of an API account application?

@yajneshsurgicshare

• Will a reconfiguration be necessary post any changes? This includes considerations for users data and other settings within my current account.

No, this is unlikely

• Do you have an approximate time frame for the response period following the submission of an API account application?

Typically 2 - 3 weeks. This will be dependent on the terms as well

1 Like

@yajneshsurgicshare have you reached out on the contact form yet?

@chunsiong.zoom
Yes. I did contact, but regrettably, there has been no response from them for over a month. This lack of communication has resulted in significant dissatisfaction, as the smooth operation that was previously experienced has now been disrupted. The consequences of this situation have been detrimental, leading to the loss of numerous customers. Such unanticipated challenges are deeply disappointing.

please look at my problem. i am still waiting

Hi @hoosain.azeem9 If you are using the action custCreate, you will have to reach out to our ISV team