Unable to allow viewer_download via API

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
If we adjust the playback range of a recording, viewers who are not logged in cannot download the video. The download option is disabled in Sharing and the download link does not appear on the recording page.

I’ve address this with technical support who submitted an enhancement request.
Using Update Meeting Recording Settings to enable viewer downloads returns the expected 204 status, meaning that the path was successful.

Error
The viewer download option, however, is not enabled.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meetingId}/recordings/settings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
PATCH https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/i4nBVQ5cSMCTh43Ohv59BA==/recordings/settings

Headers:
  Authorization: Bearer <auth-string-here>
Content-Type: application/json

Body:
  {
  "approval_type": 2,
  "recording_authentication": false,
  "send_email_to_host": true,
  "share_recording": "publicly",
  "viewer_download": true
}

Hi @Hakkarainen,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Just to make sure I’m on the same page—is the concern here that even though you’ve set the recording settings to share publicly via API, you’re not able to access the recording?

When you call our GET Meeting Recordings endpoint, are you retrieving the play_url?

Let me know—thanks,
Will

People can view the recording; I do get the play_url link. What’s missing is the option to download the recording from the viewing page. This happens after an admin changes the playback range, such as skipping over the initial part of the meeting.
The download link works as expected.

Hi @Hakkarainen,

Thanks for clarifying.

The host will need to enable the download option when sharing the recording. However, please note that by design, when someone sets a playback range, the Download link will no longer appear. I can see you were working with our Technical Support team previously and they’ve submitted a feature request for this on your behalf. For follow up on the status of that, your technical support contact will be best.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.