Unable to authorize the unlisted app due to insufficient permissions in-spite of permissions being already given

Problem:

We have an app that has been created by myself for my team to use. I have been able to successfully authorize and add the app and use it with our website, however, my partner receives the “You are not authorized…” message that states something about not having the correct permissions.

He is receiving this issue despite having every permission set for ADMIN ROLE, to view/Edit Apps on Market Place to Zoom for Developer Roles to view /edit OAuth / JWT etc.

I have tried moving him from ADMIN to owner role which I had and he still has the same issue.

Any assistance would gladly be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your message, does the App have any account level scopes like any Sub-account scopes, if not can you please provide the name of the app so I can take a look and try to figure out what is going on?

Regards, Kwaku

Hi Kwaku.

No the app does not have any sub account scopes.
Sure the app name is: Sundiata Educational Consulting.
Last Status or update date is: Updated Mar 28 04:35 PM.

Thank you.

Hi Kwaku.

No, the app does not have any sub account scopes.
Sure the app name is: Sundiata Educational Consulting.
Last Status or update date is: Updated Mar 28 04:35 PM.

Thank you.

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, looking at it there are Sub account scopes associated with your Zoom Integration you shared with me, in this situation on the Owner can install the Zoom Integration, sub-account rights are only reserved for owners of Zoom Accounts only, So if anyone who is not the owner tries to install it they will receive that error.

Regards, Kwaku

Thank you Kwaku for the quick response and explanation! That was very helpful.

The sub account scopes are because the app was created as “Account Level” is that correct.

So I have two more questions:

1. because the owner of the Zoom account at that time and creator of the app, was myself, if I changed the owner of the Zoom account to someone else, would he still not be able to install the app, correct?
  • I would need him to create the app as the new Owner of the Zoom Account correct?1. The reason I asked this is because when he joins zooms with the App today, it logs him in as me. So it says Val Jones is the Host and he has to rename his participant name.

• Since we do not have the business level zoom account and cannot do the Rebranding to the business name, we need to at least for the zoom account to indicate that he is the host when they join the zoom that was created for them when they scheduled an appointment.

• Is there a way to do that ?
    Thank you again for your help!

Hello,

Unfortunately most of the other questions are support questions I don’t have much knowledge in that domain, however for your first question if you were change the ownership of the account, then at that point the user who is the new account owner should have the access to install the Zoom Integration. The reason your probably running into the error is that even with the switch, you have to sign into the marketplace and uninstall the Zoom Integration and have the new owner install it.

There should not be a need to recreate the app if you follow the instructions I provided above. this goes for the third question too since you still have it installed the app is still going to use your account.

For the last 2 questions I think uninstalling and re-installing as the new owner should resolve it but I am not sure these are more support related questions as I mentioned in the beginning of this post. If you were to open a chat, or a ticket someone on our support team would help you out with no problem.

Regards, Kwaku

Thank you so very much Kwaku!