Zoom app authorisation changes

Hey guys,

we have an app on Zoom marketplace (Learnupon) with the following requirements for authorising the app → App Marketplace . These permissions translate to meeting:write:admin, report:read:admin, user:read:admin and webinar:read:admin.

Up until ~30 days (that’s a rough estimation), if the Zoom account owner authorised the LearnUpon app (Account lvl app) to be installed, Users that were not Admins were able to authorise and complete the process of oAuth. Right now, unless these permissions are granted to the User:

you are not able to complete the process.

Sooo, my question is has something changed on the OAuth/Authorisation process? And what can we do about it? Is it a bug?

We have a couple of Customers coming at us because they used to be able to do this, and now they can’t . They don’t want to grant these changes to their Instructors, but also need to integrate. I’ve looked at the blog and this forum, and don’t see anything about this issue, anything you can help with would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Siniša

Hey @sinisa.ilibasic ,

Can you please share the error message with us? A screenshot would be helpful.

Also, here is a guide on how to fix app installation permission issues:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy!
Thanks for reaching back out.

The error the user receives when installing the app is:

“An account admin is required to install this type of app. Please contact your account admin or IT administrator to install this app.” covered in scenario two in your previously attached link.

To Siniša’ point, until recently, if a Zoom account owner authorised the LearnUpon app (Account lvl app) to be installed, then Zoom users that were not Admins were able to authorise and complete the process of oAuth.

This no longer seems possible as Zoom is requiring any connecting account to be admin level with the permissions listed here: App Marketplace

The access permissions displayed in the market place also seem to be incorrect.

In testing, we have noticed that view and edit permissons are required for most fields, effectively demonstarting that only admins are now able to connect through oAUTH which wasn’t previoulsy the case as mentioned above. Has there been any recent changes to permissions required by Zoom?

Hoping you’re able to help out here!

Regards,
David

Hey @david.b ,

I believe there is a misunderstanding here. Since it is an account level app, it can only be installed once per company Zoom account, it does not need to be installed for every Zoom user on the company account.

Account level apps can be installed by Zoom account owners, admins, or users with the respective permissions. See Scenario 2. here: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059617312--You-cannot-authorize-the-app-error

Let me know if that clears things up. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy