Unable to delete meeting recording based on its id

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
We have scheduled meeting with recordings. When we try to delete individual recordings using recording_id, we were able to delete first meeting recordings successfully. When we try to delete 2nd meeting recordings, we are getting error.

Error
{“code”:3301,“message”:“Invalid recording ID. A recording file with the recording ID: 181xxxx-3970-4a56-bxxd-7d3xxxxx8e does not exist.”}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
DELETE https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/83429204198/recordings/181xxxx-3970-4a56-bxxd-7d3xxxxx8e

Below call returning meetings list with their recording id’s

https://api.zoom.us/v2/accounts/me/recordings?from=2021-11-09&to=2021-11-10&page_size=300

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
    {‘authorization’: ‘Bearer eyJ0exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsJeQ’, ‘content-type’: ‘application/json’}

2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @Srinivas_Yalala,

Are you attempting to delete recordings for two separate meeting instances? If so, you will need to pass the meeting UUID in place of the Meeting ID in your request URL. If you pass the meeting ID, this will reference the latest meeting instance each time.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

Are you attempting to delete recordings for two separate meeting instances?
[Srinivas] Yes
If so, you will need to pass the meeting UUID in place of the Meeting ID in your request URL.
[Srinivas] If you look at my first screenshot, it has meeting ID and UUID. Gives the error. I have opened ticket with support team also and they are still investigating (I have provided exact meeting id to them).

Thanks for clarifying @Srinivas_Yalala. Since I can see you’re in touch with us via email already, we will continue working with you there directly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.