Unable to get the name of breakout room

When the hosts invites me to the breakout room I’m unable to get the title…

Can you help please? What am I missing?

not able to get room name from below code
func onBreakoutRoomsStarted(_ bID: String!) {
let roomName = roomNameFor(biD: bID)
print(roomName)
}
func roomNameFor(biD:String) -> String? {
var roomsDetails: NSMutableArray? = NSMutableArray()
breakoutController?.getBreakoutRoomsInfo(&roomsDetails)
guard let roomsInfo = roomsDetails else { return nil }
for obj in roomsInfo{
if let room = obj as? ZoomSDKBreakoutRoomsInfo{
if room.getBID() == biD{
return room.getBreakoutRoomsName()
}
}
}
return nil
}

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • SDK: v5.0.24433.0616

Hi @tmiskiew,

Thanks for the post. Are you setting the delegate while in the meeting? If not, please set the delegate while in the meeting and try again. If the issue persists, could you provide the error code that returns from the getBreakoutRoomsName and the SDK log for us to further investigate?

Thanks!

@carson.zoom getBreakoutRoomsName method returns error __C.ZoomSDKError(rawValue: 4), which seems like//Incorrect usage of the feature. ZoomSDKError_WrongUsage,

Please find below app logs or let us know from where exactly do we need to collect logs.

onBreakoutRoomsStarted:Optional(“49C79AF3-24EF-434B-B682-1B45A7747248”)
SDK Error:Optional(__C.ZoomSDKError(rawValue: 4))
2020-07-18 12:38:02.591929+0530 Remote for Zoom[4483:80189] dynamic_cast error 2:

One or more of the following type_info’s has hidden visibility or is defined in more than one translation unit. N3Cmm22ICmmMessageQueueClientE, 21CSBConfUIModuleClient, N3Cmm13ISBUIProviderE.

What are we missing here?

Hi @tmiskiew,

Thanks for the reply and the info. The info here does not reveal the reason why you are facing such issue.

To enable the SDK log, call - (void)enableDefaultLog:(BOOL)enable fileSize:(unsigned int)size before initializing the SDK. Once the issue appears, close the SDK app and then you could find the SDK logs in ~/Library/Logs/AppName

Thanks!

@carson.zoom you can download the log here https://miskiewicz.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/Remote+for+Zoom.zip

Thanks for the log. I will pass this to the engineering team and get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

Hi @tmiskiew,

Thanks for the log and the info provided earlier. We have used the code you provided to test this interface and it is working. The interface getBreakoutRoomsName should return a value as NSString instead of ZoomSDKError so we are not able to identify what is the root cause that is causing the issue you are facing based on the info and log provided. Please make sure the interface getBreakoutRoomsName is being called when the attendee has successfully joined the breakout room, otherwise it won’t return the expected room name.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Ok maybe this is a misunderstanding. What I’m talking about is that I want to show the user is the pop up Host invited you to join Breakout room: here comes the breakout room name.

Why wouldn’t breakout room name be available before the User joins it? Can you explain please?

Hi @tmiskiew,

Thanks for the reply. This is because when the breakout room has not started, the attendees are not being assigned(So the attendee does not know which breakout room will be assigned to), hence the breakout room information is not available at that moment. Once the attendee has been assigned to a breakout room, then the breakout room information will be available.

I understand you might try to do a similar concept as the Zoom client does(which shows the breakout room name before joining the breakout room), I have asked the engineering team to revisit this feature and I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

Thank you. Exactly the zoom client mentions the name of the breakout session before I enter / join

Hi @tmiskiew,

Thanks for the patience. I have worked with the engineering team on this and the team will fix this behavior in the next release.

Thanks!