Unable to re-join Webinar after disconnecting as Panelist

Zoom Meeting SDK for Web v2.18.2

Description
After closing a browser tab with the Webinar (Web Meeting SDK) as a panelist, I cannot reconnect to it. When trying to connect, I see the “please enter the meeting link or TK” dialog (see screenshot below). I cannot pass through this dialog, having no TK. Providing meeting link doesn’t help (it says “Incorrect TK”).

Screenshot:

Error?
These are no errors in browser console. I can see that the meeting signature is generated successfully and passed to ZoomMtg.join().

Troubleshooting Routes
I’ve implemented a temporary workaround: I add a random number to user’s email each time I call ZoomMtg.join(). This seems to help as apparently then the system doesn’t “remember” that this user was a panelist. Still I don’t think it’s the proper solution.

How To Reproduce

1. Start a Zoom Webinar (registration should not be required).
  2. Join as an attendee in browser using Zoom Meeting SDK.
  3. Raise hand as an attendee.
  4. As host, promote the attendee to a panelist.
  5. As the attendee, accept the promotion.
  6. After becoming a panelist, close the browser tab without explicitly leaving the webinar first.
  7. Try to reconnect the webinar in browser. I’ve tried as the same user but in incognito mode.

Expected: the attendee joins the webinar.
Actual: the attendee cannot join the webinar. “Enter join link or TK” dialog appears (see above). When I try to join with a different email, it works (no dialog). After restarting the webinar by host, it also works.

It seems to me that after closing the tab without properly exiting the webinar, the system somehow remembers that the user with such email is a panelist, but cannot rejoin them as a panelist in some cases.

Browser: Chrome Version 123.0.6312.124 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows. Similar issue in Chrome on macOS.