Unable to register participant to multiple recurring sessions

Note: I have put spaces in a couple of links, including emails because of the devforum restrictions on only have 2 links for a post.

I am sending in this to add a registrant to a particular recurring Zoom webinar, but it is only adding the next upcoming webinar session. Is there something that I am doing incorrectly?

If I pass in an ID for a different webinar session in the future, I am able to register for that meeting that I pass in. So I could look over the request and add the user multiple times, but I need to add a user for 8 webinar meetings, so that solution would require a cron job.

I am able to sign up for one webinar at a time, this is not a problem with my bearer token and account authentication. I am using a server-to-server OAuth app.

According to the docs it looks like I am doing everything correctly:

I have tried passing in registration_type as 1, 2, and 3.

post requested to
https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/968601239388/registrants?occurrence_ids=1686002400100,1686175201000

I have both permissions enabled that are suggested, which are: webinar:write:admin``webinar:write

Body:
{
“first_name”: “Jill”,
“last_name”: “Chill”,
“email”: “test @test.com”,
“settings”: {
“registration_type”: 3
}
}

I’ve not been sure where to put registration_type, I’ve tried in settings, and in the top level of the body, example:

{
“email”: “test @test.com”,
“registration_type”: 2
}

Here is the response body I get back:
{
“registrant_id”: “GAXT-wdMRnez8hXXXXXXX”,
“id”: 968623XXXXX,
“topic”: “WordPress test webinar”,
“start_time”: “2023-07-05T22:00:00Z”,
“join_url”: “https ://zoom.us/w/968623XXXXX?tk=xZ39pUqSvr15VAm2ultvyJjbjSx2SnH2XtGj7VYQQuk.DQMAAAAWjXGP9BZHQVhULXdkTVJuZXo4aDI4N0tkaWR3AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”,
“occurrences”: [
{
“occurrence_id”: “1686002400000”,
“start_time”: “2023-06-05T22:00:00Z”,
“duration”: 60,
“status”: “available”
}
]
}

Any suggestions and help would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi @GreenChart
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community, I am happy to help here!

Can you please share with me the request body that you are sending when creating your webinar?
For recurring webinars, there are 3 options:

For your use case, if you want to add registrants to all occurrences, you can either user registration type 3

Hi @elisa.zoom,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have all of those details posted above, but here is the request body again:
{
“email”: “test@test.com”,
“settings”: {
}
}

I have also tried a variation of this, where I set registration_type within the body rather that being within settings, that didn’t work either.

I tried registration_type being 1, 2, and 3. Like in the docs that you have referenced right there, I have assumed that I need to set registration_type to be 3.

Here are the response body from the request body that I just stated:
{
“registrant_id”: “twCFu3jJTRqGfZZyWf6rXX”,
“id”: 968623103XX,
“join_url”: “https ://zoom.us/w/968623103XX?tk=BESwz_kXalkIMH2d_uEANXf0X8GTZCfGpV3PrU2cnL4.DQMAAAXXjXGP9BZ0d0NGdTNqSlRScUdmWlp5V2Y2cjR3AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”,
{
“occurrence_id”: “1686607200000”,
“start_time”: “2023-06-12T22:00:00Z”,
}
]
}

Trying this response body:
{
“email”: “test@test.com”,
}

Here is the resulting response body:
{
“registrant_id”: “twCFu3jJTRqGfZZyWf6rXX”,
“id”: 968623103XX,
“join_url”: “https ://zoom.us/w/968623103XX?tk=BESwz_kXalkIMH2d_uEANXf0X8GTZCfGpV3PrU2cnL4.DQMAAAXXjXGP9BZ0d0NGdTNqSlRScUdmWlp5V2Y2cjR3AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”,
{
“occurrence_id”: “1686607200000”,
“start_time”: “2023-06-12T22:00:00Z”,
}
]
}

Same result both times, any other ideas? Is this something I am doing incorrectly, or is there a bug?

Hi @GreenChart
It looks like you are passing the registration type on the request you are making to add a registrant.
you should be passing this registration_type field in the request you are making to Create the webinar.

Elisa, what are you talking about? I am attempting to register a user to a webinar session. I am not creating the webinars programatically. I want to add a person to multiple webinar sessions. I don’t mean to be rude but, am I speaking with a person, or are you a bot with automatic replies because you aren’t making sense.

Even if I don’t need to be add registration_type to this request (it says in the docs I DO need it??), your reply doesn’t help resolve this issue at all.

I will add this URL of what I am going based on one more time. I am using this API call to attempt to add multiple registrants. But only one is being added. For more details, please refer to my previous two posts.

Are you able to help? Why is the user that I am passing in only being added to one webinar when trying to add them to multiple at a time? I am really hoping you can help me figure out what is going on.

@elisa.zoom

Are you able to add a registrant to multiple sessions of a recurring meeting when you try? I am at a loss at what I could be doing wrong here, if anything.

Hi @GreenChart
I am a person, and yes I was able to add a registrant to multiple sessions of a recurring meeting when I tried.
This is how my request URL looks like

https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/84863006252/registrants?occurrence_ids=1687453500000,1686848700000

and the request body I sent:

{
  "email": "elisalevet@hotmail.com",
  "first_name": "eli",
  "last_name": "lev"
}

As I mentioned in an earlier post, you should not be passing the registration_type in the request body for registering users to a webinar.

If you are creating the webinar via the Webportal, make sure to enable registration and select the option Attendees register once and can choose one or more occurrences to attend: