Unable to Retrieve Meeting Details After Meeting has Ended (Error 404)

Dear Zoom Developer Forum Moderators,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I have encountered while attempting to retrieve meeting details via the Zoom API. Previously, I was able to successfully retrieve meeting information using the following endpoint:

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/xxxxxx

This endpoint reliably provided meeting details regardless of whether the meeting was in progress or had ended. However, recently I have observed a change in behavior where attempting to retrieve details for a meeting that has ended results in an error response with a status code 404 (Not Found).

This change has impacted the functionality of my application, as I rely on retrieving meeting details even after the meeting has concluded for various post-meeting processing tasks.

Could you please investigate this matter and provide guidance on whether this change in behavior is intentional or if it might be a result of a recent update or adjustment to the Zoom API?

Hi @nlkimfdca , this is expected behavior. You may be able to get the details via this endpoint with query param type=past, but it is not the intended use of that endpoint.

Please use Get past meeting details Zoom Meeting API for past meetings.