UnSpotlightAllVideos function not working in SDK Meeting windows-5.10.3.4884

Description
UnSpotlightAllVideos() function not working

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Programmatically, worked fine with older versions up until Version 5.10.3.4884 stops working

I am programming autospotlight function
ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::IMeetingVideoController* videoCtrl = pMeetingService->GetMeetingVideoController();
videoCtrl->UnSpotlightAllVideos();
if (videoCtrl->SpotlightVideo(user_id) == ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::SDKERR_SUCCESS)
{
#endif
m_currentSpotlightUserId = i;

if (m_autoSpotlightOn)
				{
					ClearSpotlightTimer();
					SetSpotlightTimer();
				}
				// done
				status = true;
				break;
			}

Previously version worked fine.

Could you look into this?

Hong

I went to retest all the old versions. The only version works is zoom-sdk-windows-5.9.3.3191.

Hong

Hi @Hong,

Can you please clarify what you mean when you say it isn’t working? Are you seeing a specific error, or is the method returning success with no effect?

Thanks!

When I run zoom with my account login, I can share “my Zoom Window Destop” just fine. I.e. I have my Zoom Gallery view on my desktop and Everyone will see my sharing gallery view.

I am trying the same thing with the SDK, evenone only see the background of my desktop, not the Gallery View.

Hong

Jon,
It seems to me that you are not familiar with this feather of zoom.

Hong

Hi @Hong,

As mentioned in my previous reply, we need more information before we can assist. Just saying that something doesn’t work is not adequate, as there are multiple failure points. Please let me know if you need assistance with identifying and communicating what exactly is not working with regard to this feature and I’ll be happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hey Jon,

There are too many issue with the windows SDK lately.

1. unSpotlightUsersVideo
  2. UnSpotlightUserVideo

Are not working progammatically i.e. when I spotlight a participant, then i try to remove that participant before I spotlight the next participant. the result is the next participant added to the existing spotlighted participants.

program does not report any error, but the behavior of unspotlightallvideo() does not remove the spotlighted video.

The function unspotlightallvideo() return sussess but the spotlighted video was not removed.

Hi @Hong,

I was not able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing. Removing individual users from the spotlight or all users programmatically works as expected. Let’s try to narrow down where our implementations differ. Can you please provide context around when exactly you are calling UnSpotlightAllVideos?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,
Here is my code. I retested all versions and found it worked fine with 5.9.3.3191. All versions after this version UnSpotlightAllVideos() have no effect. i.e. it does not remove the spotlighted user.
In results, users are kept added when this function is called.

boolean CSDKLoggedInUIMgr::SpotlightUserID(unsigned int user_id, int Index)
{

boolean status = false;
ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::IMeetingService* pMeetingService = SDKInterfaceWrap::GetInst().GetMeetingService();
if (!pMeetingService)
return status;
ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::IMeetingVideoController* videoCtrl = pMeetingService->GetMeetingVideoController();
if (!videoCtrl)
return status;

videoCtrl->UnSpotlightAllVideos(); // remove previously spotlighted user
if (videoCtrl->SpotlightVideo(user_id) == ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::SDKERR_SUCCESS)
{
{
RegAttendeesList[Index].spotlightcounter++;
}
status = true;
start_PinValidUsertimer(); // 5 seconds timer
}
return status;
}

Hi @Hong,

My testing was done on the latest version of the SDK (5.10.3), so this seems to be an issue with your implementation and does not appear to be a bug in the SDK. The code snippet you’ve provided does not give me enough context to know when exactly it is being executed. Can you please provide that information?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.