Update Meeting - enable send reminder email?

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I am updating a meeting through the API, if a user is changing the name or date of a meeting through a linked event management system. I canā€™t figure out how to trigger a ā€˜meeting updatedā€™ reminder email to existing registrants when the update occurs through the API. When in the Zoom interface, if I edit an existing meeting that has registrants, I get a dialog box with ā€œNotify registrants about changes to this meetingā€ checked by default. However when I make the same update through the API, I canā€™t find a query parameter or setting to default-send the notification email. When I test the update through the API it does not trigger the email, even when Iā€™m making critical changes to the meeting that registrants need to know about, such as a date change.

I see that the DELETE /meetings/{meetingId} endpoint has a query parameter cancel_meeting_reminder, but nothing similar for PATCH /meetings/{meetingId}. Is there a way to achieve this?

Which Endpoint/s?
[patch] /meetings/{meetingId}

Hi @sharoniab,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I believe that if the following field is set to true for a meeting scheduled via API, an email should go out for updates as well:

Are you seeing otherwise on your end? Let me know and Iā€™ll be happy to further assist.

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom, thanks for your reply.

The meeting already had this field set to true during setup:
ā€œregistrants_confirmation_emailā€: true

But I donā€™t know if there is any field specific to an ā€˜update emailā€™ to registrants. I tested again and noted that for an individual meeting, the email was sent on update. It was for a recurring meeting where I updated one of the occurrences via the API, that did NOT send an email update to registrants for either the recurrence or the overall series. That recurring meeting also had ā€œregistrants_confirmation_emailā€: true.

Hi @sharoniab,

Thank you for confirmingā€”I just sent you a private message for some more details so that I can look into this further for you.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @sharoniab,

Thank you for sharing that with me.

In doing some further testing from my end, I can confirm Iā€™m experiencing the same behavior when updating a single occurrence of a recurring meeting with registration required and confirmation email settings set to true.

Iā€™ve gone ahead and raised this with our Engineering team, as I can definitely appreciate the concern youā€™ve raised here (ZOOM-292397).

I will follow up here with updates as I have them.

Thanks!
Will

Thanks Will, appreciate it.

No problem, @sharoniab ā€” I hope to be in touch about this shortly.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.