update meeting status (end) Someone has started a new meeting with this account

When I use the PUT:  endpoint meetings/:{meetingId}/status (replacing meeting Id), to end a meeting, the user gets a weird error on their call as you can see on the image, this shouldn’t be, as it was ended with the API endpoint, not someone starting another meeting with the same account

Hi Dan, 

The message can be misleading, we’ll work with our Engineering team to get this fixed and display a more accurate message.  

@michael_p.zoom
Hi,
Is the above issue fixed ? I am able to reproduce the issue and wanted to confirm if this is fixed or WIP.

Thanks
Aniket

Hey @aniket.garg,

Can you share steps to reproduce the issue so we can investigate on our end?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy ,

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a zoom meeting via an API call.
  2. End the zoom meeting via https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meetingId}/status API call.
  3. Observe that the meeting has ended successfully , but User get’s the following message on screen from zoom “This meeting has ended as someone has started a new meeting with this account”.
    4.The above message is misleading, as there was no new meeting started.

I am able to reproduce this on MAC OS 10.14.5 & latest zoom client

Thanks
Aniket

1 Like

Hey @aniket.garg,

Thanks for the details, our engineering team is looking into this. (ZOOM-164916) I will keep you updated! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

Would be eager to know the date by when this may be fixed. Appreciate if you could share this info once the analysis is completed and the fix is targeted.

@gaurav.jain We don’t have a date yet, but we’ll update as soon as we do!

Hi @michael.zoom / @tommy

Thank you so much! Also I Request you to share an update on the above issue, was your team able to reproduce the issue ? and is it confirmed as a defect/enhancement ?

Thanks
Aniket

Hey @aniket.garg,

We have confirmed it is a bug with the Zoom Client, and it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you for the update :slight_smile: @tommy

@tommy Another request, It would be great if you can provide a link for us to track the defect. Please let me know if possible.

Thanks
Aniket

Hey @aniket.garg,

I will share updates here! :slight_smile: We do not have a public tracking link.

We are finishing up the fix and it will be released in an upcoming Zoom Client release.

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m interested in this as well. How often are releases pushed?

If it’s not available by next week, what can be a workaround?

Hey @nosaut,

This depends on an upcoming Zoom Client (app) release.

I will update this thread once it is released. There is no ETA set in stone, but it will come most likely in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Tommy

Ok. Thank you. In the meantime, are there any workarounds that I can provide for our team?

Actually, in re-reading the thread. Our problem is slightly different, but it may be related to the bug.

1. Start a zoom meeting
  2. After about an hour on the call, call is ended with the message showing “This meeting has ended as someone has started a new meting with this account.”

Thanks!

Hey @nosaut,

Currently there are no workarounds.

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy

I am also interested in this fix, as the current message is confusing.

PARTICULARLY, I’d like to also make a request to be able to pass a custom string along to the users when we update the status of the meeting (i.e. end the meeting) via the API. Something like “You’re meeting has hit the time limit, and it has been ended. We will be in touch with you soon to follow up” or whatever.

Hey @m11,

Feel free to add that as a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Tommy