Usage Report over API without admin status

Description
I would like to build an app that creates automatic usage reports for my recurring meetings. Do I need developer/admin status to do this (currently on educational plan)? I couldn’t figure out how to do this within the OAuth access, as I would be required to have a scope in my API that was not available as a choice in the first place:

Error
When running a test request I get the following message:
“Invalid access token, does not contain scopes: [report:read:admin, zms:report:read].”

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I’m using OAuth and for now only tried the test requests.

Hi @pmm,

Thanks for reaching out! Just to make sure we’re on the same page—is this the endpoint you’re trying to access?:

If so, you’ll need to use an Account-Level OAuth app to authorize requests to this endpoint. If you’re not seeing the necessary scopes listed with you go to your existing OAuth app, it’s likely that this is a User-Level OAuth app. Once you create an account level app, you should be able to use those credentials to authenticate calls to our Reports endpoint successfully.

Just keep in mind that your account admin will need to grant you Admin/Marketplace access to create an account-level app, in case you don’t already have those permissions.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything or if you still have questions!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.