User.presence_status_updated scope requiremenets

Can someone confirm what the scope requirements are for user.presence_status_updated? When we first built our app a few weeks back, it appears that user:read was all we needed and we have successfully received this webhook with just that scope.

But then we noticed some of our coworkers, who installed the in-dev integration more recently, weren’t getting the webhook. I started digging in and I was surprised to find that user.presence_status_updated is now documented to require user:read and user:write.

What’s odd is that our marketplace settings won’t allow me to delete user:read because of the webhook, but they don’t have similar protection for user:write. That tells me something is perhaps in transition? Can anyone confirm if something is/has changed?

Thanks!

Hi @patrick_reclaim,

Thank you for reaching out about this—while I don’t believe there have been any recent changes, can I kindly ask for the name of your app? I’m happy to take a closer look at your app and its configuration.

Thanks!
Will

Our production app is called “Reclaim.ai” but hasn’t yet been approved for marketplace listing. The main issue is the incongruity with this (when picking webhooks):

And this:

Note that the warning/tooltip is only there for user:read and not user:write.

In other words: the webhook UI suggests you need both scopes for the user.presence_status_updated event, but the scopes UI suggests you only need user:read.

Hi @patrick_reclaim,

Thank you for clarifying—would it be possible to share the details of your coworkers, who installed the in-dev integration more recently, that weren’t getting the webhook? It does seem there could be some conflicting information here.

You can share these details with us directly at developersupport@zoom.us and reference this thread.

Thanks,
Will

Turns out it was user error and we are able to receive the webhooks without the user:write scope. So really, I think this thread is simply a bug report: the “add features” section of the app definition (screenshot 1) incorrectly overstates the required scope.

Hi @patrick_reclaim,

I see—thank you for clarifying. I will work with our team to make sure we can update the documentation on this.

Thanks again for your diligence in raising this with us,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.