UserId null during recording.completed webhook call

Hi, I am working on an application where I would like to receive a webhook request on the recording.completed event - in other words, when a cloud recording is available. Everything is working fine but in the payload, that is sent to the webhook, the “userId” field inside “object” is null. Shouldn’t this be set to the user id of the user who created the recording?

Hi @reikje,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

To clarify, the Recording Completed webhook should return a host_id field:

Are you seeing this field? I don’t believe it will return a userId field, but rather host_id.

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom, you are correct. I am getting the host_id field sent fine. Out of curiosity, the host_id field is the: “ID of the user set as host of the meeting”. Does that indicate, that only the host of a meeting can do a cloud recording? What will happen, if I am in a meeting as a participant and the host allows recordings - maybe these are just local recordings?

Best Reik

Hi @reikje,

Good question, and that’s correct—the host of the meeting will determine which settings are available to the meeting and whether or not the meeting can or is being recorded. Note that Cloud Recording requires a Pro or higher license of the meeting host.

In regards to:

What will happen, if I am in a meeting as a participant and the host allows recordings - maybe these are just local recordings?

If you are in a meeting as a participant and the host has cloud recording enabled, the cloud recording will be sent to the host upon completion of the meeting. The participants, however, will not have control over the recording settings. The host can share cloud recordings, depending on their settings.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.