Does Recording completed event including audio transcript

Description
A clear and concise description of what the question is.

Does recording completed event always including the transcript information(if enabled)?

I found there is another event recording transcript completed, https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/recording-events/recording-transcript-completed

but when I checked the example of recording ended event, it does have transcript as well.

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @Jackke

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

The recording.completed webhook only fires after the meeting recording related files (m4a and mp4) have completed processing. Only once these are available is zoom able to process transcripts, which it later fires off the recording.transcript_completed webhook.

It’s important to enable this webhook from the Zoom UI when managing your webhook app.

Also, recording.transcript_completed can come back multiple times. For example:
If the recording was stopped, and started again, within a single session, you will get two mp4 recording files from the recording.completed event, but the recording.transcript_completed event will fire multiple times, the first time only containing the transcript file for the first recording file, and then again later on for transcripts pertaining to both recording files.

This was really confusing when I was integrating as I expected the same kind of webhook firing for transcripts as I was getting for recordings. Obviously, not the case.

2 Likes

Thank you Ajezior, this is really useful. I was very confusing on it as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for providing the solution @Ajezior! :slight_smile:

@Jackke, let us know if you have additional questions!

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.