Verify Captcha and Name being asked while trying to join webinar using Join link in web client

Description
While joining a webinar using the join link from the web client, the attendee is asked for name and captcha, even though the name is included while registering the attendee via API to that particular webinar

Error
The attendee has to enter name and captcha while joining a webinar from the web client. How can this be bypassed?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT App. We are fetching the Join URL returned after registering an attendee to a webinar.

Which Endpoint/s?
/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants
/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Register Attendee via /webinars/{webinarId}/registrants. Provide name and email
  2. Fetch join URL from response
  3. Try to join the webinar from the web client. Make sure the webinar is started.

Expected result
The attendee should join the webinar directly from the browser

Actual Result
The attendee is presented with a name and verify the captcha field. This is major friction in our flow. Also, it’s unnecessary to enter the name again and bad UX as the name is already registered.

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Searched and couldn’t find any setting related to this in the account. This functionality was working fine till Saturday. It is mandatory to notify such changes in the user flow to the API users, so we don’t wake up with rude shocks like this.

We are having exactly the same problem

Any news about this blocking new behaviour? If resolved, please share with the community, thanks.

We are also having this problem, introducing an extra manual step for users to access the content for which they have already registered. We would appreciate any kind of information on a solution or workaround.

Hey @sbarty, @gbtondo, @mayank, @t.gardiner,

This is a feature, not a bug.

I suggest signing in, or using the Zoom App, or the SDK if you want to avoid the captcha page.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy.

I’m using the sdk, but i have a problem with option raise hand in pop-out mode. Uncaught TypeError: r is not a function.

Help me.

Hi @aquarivm can you please create a new post topic under #web-sdk?