Verify/check activation of a sub-account via api

Description
We need a way to check if a sub-account master-user has activated his account. We don’t found an api-endpoint for that task.
Is there a way to check this?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT
https://api.zoom.us/v2/accounts

Which Endpoint/s?

Hey @steffen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. You can try using the verified property from the Get a User API when using the email of the Sub-Account owner:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

Thank you for the quick answer. Unfortunately, this don’t works.

I have try the mail-address, the user-ID. the sub-account-id and the sub-account owner-id. All of them have the same result in Postman. (I tried it with and without the login_type).
{
“code”: 1001,
“message”: “User does not exist: example@something.de.”
}

The test with my Account works like expected, but this account is not an sub-account.

When I check the Zoom Backend, the Account is activated and I can manage it. I even tried this test with an un-activated account with the same results.

Is there a Param or Variable I miss in Postman?
Kind regards,
Steffen

Hey @steffen,

Thank you for providing additional information. First, I should correct myself. In order to check if a user is pending, you will see that when calling the Get a User API, only the id and created_at properties will be returned:

With that being said, you should at least be able to get that information from a pending user. When you’re making these API calls, make sure that you are either

1. Calling the Master Account User API with the Master Account JWT credentials

or

1. Calling the account-level Get a User API with the JWT credentials of a Sub-Account.

Let me know if that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

thank you for the hint, I didn’t know the “Master Account User API” exists. With this the check is possible and works like expected.

Many thanks, you save me and my team a lot of clicking :slight_smile: !

Kind regards,
Steffen

1 Like

Hey @steffen,

I’m glad to hear that was helpful! As always, feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.