Video freezes on tab switch

Description/Error
After joining a zoom meeting in the browser, switching to a different tab and returning to the zoom video will cause the video to freeze. Pressing “Stop Video” and then “Start Video” will temporary fix the issue, but the video will freeze again on tab switch. Issue occur less frequently if there is another participant in the call.

Which Endpoint/s or Web JS SDK?
sample-web-app web sdk CDN version 1.5.1

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

• Set up sample-web-app CDN following documentation
  • Join zoom meeting
  • Switch tab -> video will be frozen.

Additional context
On latest Chrome 77.

I have just tested on the local version of the web sdk and am seeing the same issues.

Hey @edward, thanks for reaching out!

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix.

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy

Ok, thank you for the update!

1 Like

You are welcome!

Check back here for updates, and/or follow our change log to be notified of the fix.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello, can someone help me about this issue. Zoom video works for a few seconds at the start of a meeting, then it freezes on me. Can still see everyone else on the meeting, and their video works fine, but this one is frozen. Only way to get it ‘moving’ again is to ‘stop video’ and then ‘start video’. It will work again for a few seconds, then freeze.
Not at all tech savvy…but is there something we can do to get it working properly?

Thanks in advance, this had been really difficult while working at home.
Sandie

Hey @kps.holt,

Are you using the Web SDK?

If not, please reach out to support.zoom.us for further assistance as this forum is for the Zoom App Marketplace Platform.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, any updates on this?? We are using Zoom enterprise software to deliver our lessons We don’t want our students to skip the lesson by using the “Tab” switch to do the old “switcheroo” trick - absent themselves while creating the deception that they are present to the instructor. In the first place, there should not be such functions like freezing the live video stream while the video botton has been activated! Thank you.

Hello,
I have implemented the zoom web SDK sample CDN version in my website, and I encounter a serious problem when I activate the video - the memory of the process quickly increase up to saturation causing my screen to freeze.
When do you think you will fiw this issue?
Thanks in advance for your efforts

Hey @ethanfok,

Are you using the Web SDK?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @ctapiero,

Thanks for sharing more details, I have replied to your other post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Zoom Team,

In a somewhat related issue, there is no minimized mode for Zoom app in iPAD.

When trying to access other apps on iPAD, the zoom video freezes and enables again when the app is again opened.

Is there a fix to this, like a pop out or minimized screen in Zoom. I basically want the iPAD user to continue using other apps without breaking their live video feed as its a mandatory compliance for meetings.

Thanks

Hey @pulkit-procs,

Can you please create a new topic in #web-sdk and fill out the post template?

Thanks,
Tommy

hey Edward please anwcer me

Let us know if there’s a question we can help with!

Best,
Will