When a participant tries to join a video meeting, he is not able to see his own video and fails to send the video to the other participants. This is only happening in Chrome browser (Version 94.0.4606.61 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Version 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)). It works perfectly fine in chrome browser (Version 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and in Firefox (version 92.0.1) on any operating system.
Browser Console Error
TypeError: Failed to execute 'copyTo' on 'VideoFrame': rect.y 5 is not sample-aligned in plane 1. at efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1 at I (efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1) at Generator._invoke (efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1) at Generator.e.<computed> [as next] (efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1) at n (efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1) at s (efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1) at efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1 at new Promise (<anonymous>) at new t (efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1) at efddc9e7-efce-474d-8104-c5e1dda922f7:1
Which Web Video SDK version?
SDK version : 1.1.5
Video SDK Code Snippets
const initRes = await this.client.init('en-US', 'Global'); // signature is generated by our server const joinRes = await this.client.join(meetingID, signature, userName);
Device (please complete the following information):
- OS: macOS Version 11.5.1, Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
- Browser: Chrome
- Browser Version : Version 94.0.4606.61 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Version 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)
We have completed the following things
- Followed all the steps in https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/announcements#web-isolation.
- Applied SharedArrayBuffers origin trials for our domain. This temporary extension works until the Chrome 94 release.
- We have also patched video sdk version 1.1.5 dist files as per the release notes at Web Video SDK 1.1.5 Dependency Work Around