Video SDK feature integration and customization codebase

Hello,
I am a backend engineer working on a multi-tenant web app project with Django+JS. :slight_smile:
I have started to use the Video SDK pureJS sample in my application and I have also tried the UItoolkit as i am exploring at this stage what i can do. Both are working well, i can join sessions in both cases which is great :white_check_mark:.
I notice that the Video SDK doesnt come with a chat implementation whereas the UItoolkit does but I am not sure if we can customize it.

I am clear on which design and feature I would need: basically a chat as a right banner and also renders all participants video on the screen.

Is it possible to build on top of the UItoolkit and therefore benefit from its already implemented features or copy some features’implemenation to integrate them in the VideoSDK?

More broadly speaking, is there a repository available of a fully functionnal and customizable VideoSDK (with chat & other features) that is open source or that we can buy ?

Kind regards,
Luca

Hi @luca_del ,

Excited to hear bout you building with the Video SDK. To see a more broad build-out of the SDK’s features, please check out the sample application, specifically the react-demo (this should be within the same repo as the purejs example you mentioned). In regards to the UItoolkit, you can add the chat feature to your application using it. You’d want to follow the documentation to see how to get started with implementing chat.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hello @rehema.zoom ,
Thank you for your answer,
You mentionned it is possible to build the chat feature using the Uitoolkit, does it mean there is a repository available where we can see the code. When we install it, we get a prebuilt version, so i am not sure we can do it ?
Regarding the ReactDemo you referred to, when watching the zoom tutorial, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3eF4W91Gys, I see the React version is more or less the same as the PureJS (only 2 videos rendered: 1 participant video and our video and no chat box.

The question i am wondering is, is there a version of the Video SDK that is more functionnal and ready to use ? Or would there be a plan to acquire such a version ?
Kind regards,
Luca

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.