Waiting room users joined/left events mismatch

Description
Using Windows SDK join meeting that has waiting room enabled.
When SDK client is admitted to the meeting, 2 user joined events are generated for SDK user with different user ID’s.

I would expect that either ID does not change for same user, or a user leave event is fired to clean up the state.

Which version?
Windows: v4.6.15798.0403

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device Spec: PC

Hi @bogdan.lytvynovskyi,

Thanks for the post. When a user is admitted by the host and leave the waiting room, the user is actually leaving the meeting and rejoin the meeting. This behavior is inherited from the Zoom client. Are you willing to identify the user from the waiting room?

Thanks!

When user enters waiting room - no user events are fired.
When user is admitted to waiting room - user join is fired twice for same user with different user ID’s. I would expect either user joined is fired once (preferred) or user joined is paired with user left, and then second user joined fired.

Hi, I have a similar problem. I am using a Webhook, and the event for a user entering into the waiting room and the event for a user entering into the meeting (admitted by the host) is almost the same (only the ID is different). How can I distinguish between these two events? How can I tell, if an event is for a user entering into the waiting room?
Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Since this is a question related to webhook so I have moved this post to the proper section, one of the webhook experts will assist you shortly.

Thanks!

Original question is about SDK and not webhook

Hey @bogdan.lytvynovskyi,

Can you please post your SDK question again in #desktop-sdk:windows

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @bogdan.lytvynovskyi,

Regarding the original Windows SDK question: Each user will only be associated with one userID,

Could you try to use GetMeetingParticipantsController()->GetUserByUserID(userId) to get the userInfo to verify if the 2 userID belongs to the same user? We tried to reproduce this with our demo app, and if there is a host in the main session, and if we admit a user to the main session, the user join event will return 2 userId, one belongs to the new joined user, and other one belongs to the host.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.