Watch screen sharing on android 6 not working

After updating the latest zoom SDK, my customers who are using Android 6 have started to complain that they can’t see the screen being shared by someone else.
The person sharing the screen is using the latest version of the desktop app (5.8.0.16). And the person trying to view is using sdk for android version 5.7.1.1267.
The problem only occurs for the person who is using android 6.0. Other clients can view normally.

Recording who is sharing the screen on the web:

Android Recording Version 6.0:

Hi @paulotwo, thanks for using our SDK.

Can you please clarify what device make/model this issue is observed on? Also, are you able to reproduce this on the latest version of the SDK?

Thanks!

I tested it with the latest SDK (5.7.6) and the same problem happened.
The test was made with the LG K4 X230, Android 6.0, but the issue has been reported by people using various makes and models, all with Android 6.
I also found this topic that seems to be the same problem:

Hi @paulotwo,

Thanks for the additional information. I’m glad you found that other topic, as my previous replies were aimed at figuring out whether or not this is the same issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please provide the SDK logs from a meeting where this issue is present so that we can investigate further? If you aren’t sure where to find them, the topic you’ve linked to has instructions.

Thanks!

Same here.
I reproduced it with latest SDK(v5.7.6.1918) and Nexus7(Android 6.0.1).

Hi @POLYGLOTS_Lesson,

Thanks for letting us know that you are seeing a similar issue. Can you provide the SDK logs as well?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

Your engineering team can easily reproduce it with Android6…

Is the log place here where you mentioned?
sdcard/Android/data/${YOUR_APP_NAME}/logs
How can I find the directory “sdcard”?

Thanks

Hi @POLYGLOTS_Lesson,

Yes that is the correct directory. You can navigate through on-device storage through Android Studio’s file explorer, or through adb.

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom ,

I checked the directory, but there is no log files.
So I attach the android studio error log output.

** deleted the link **

You engineering team can reproduce it with Android6 anytime.

Thank you, Junya

Hi @POLYGLOTS_Lesson,

If the SDK logs are not present there, it is possible that SDK logs were not enabled. Can you please confirm that the enableLog flag is set to true?

You engineering team can reproduce it with Android6 anytime.

We have not been able to reproduce this behavior after testing on multiple Android 6 devices. The SDK logs should help identify what exactly is behaving differently between our attempts and yours. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

Thank you for your suggestion.
I enabled “enableLog” flag and got SDK logs.
Here they are.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NNS91LpI7lPCnhSdnTydxgYriT2QI111?usp=sharing

These logs are same for this issue.

Thank you, Junya

Hi @POLYGLOTS_Lesson,

Thanks for providing the SDK logs. We will look into this and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom,

“Android Meeting SDK v5.7.6.1922 (hotfix)” has released today.
Does that version fix this problem?

Thanks!

Hi @POLYGLOTS_Lesson,

We have not yet identified a fix for this issue, but can you please confirm that this is still reproducible on the latest release? It is possible that another change could have resolved this.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

I tried the latest SDK version “Android Meeting SDK v5.7.6.1922 (hotfix)”.
It is still reproducible.

Thanks.

Hi @POLYGLOTS_Lesson,

Thanks for confirming. We’ll let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.