Web games with integrated zoom calls

Which API / SDK for this use case??

Description
I have an existing javascript based set of 4-player card games. Everyone who plays the games opens up a zoom call first, then resizes the zoom window to fit the right 25% of their screen, and then resizes the browser running the game into the remaining 75% of the screen space. Every game has one player who sets up the zoom call with their own account. I would like to integrate zoom directly into the site, and allow an existing zoom subscriber to login to their account and start a zoom call within the page (could definitely be an iFrame if necessary). Other users joining the game should be able to join that call programatically. Which of your SDKs &/or APIs are designed to handle this use case?

Error
Error: too many SDKs to choose from and hard to distinguish them!!

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
That is exactly what I am interested in finding out…

1 Like

Hi @fbmacdee

Welcome to the Zoom Developer Community!

This sounds like a cool project. I’d recommend using the Web Client SDK, since this embeds the existing Zoom interface into the browser window. it’s possible to embed it in an iFrame, however it’s not recommended and Zoom doesn’t officially support it. I have been using this for a while and it works great for my projects.

I’d recommend setting up the demo project and playing around with it.

If you would like a more bespoke interface which you can resize and restyle then I recommend using the Web Video SDK, however this will require more development on your part, but may end up being a nicer solution to your use case.

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks Alex. So are you saying that the Web Client SDK would not be able to be resized into a 25% column on one side of the screen? Also, does the Web Video SDK allow users to use their own accounts to login and start a meeting, or does it require me to provide a master account that everyone uses?

Hi,

You can resize it by CSS or Javascript.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Like

Thanks for your guidance @alexmayo!

Let us know if you have any questions @fbmacdee.

Max

1 Like

Ok, I have the sample app running and I’ve been playing with the CSS settings to make it do what I want. The only problem I have is the ability to set the view to “gallery” by default. I have tried automating a “select” on the gallery view div but so far no luck. Has someone put this in as a feature request?

Hi @fbmacdee,

This isn’t possible with the current Web SDK, however I would also like this feature and have added a feature request for it.

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

Thank you for submitting a feature request!

Max