Web integration video and audio error

Hi dear friends,

We are developing a web-page where we want to integrate zoom to provide online consultation to our users. We established it in accordance with SDK. We are able to run sample-web-app. We use it with no problem in desktop. However, we are having voice and video problem when it comes to mobile browsers. Could we get a help for this matter?

Hey @procrackerone,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Currently, the Web SDK has limited support for mobile browsers. While we are working to provide a more complete feature set, we recommend using the Zoom App or Mobile SDK.

You can check this table for more information on the browser support for each device.

However, we are having voice and video problem when it comes to mobile browsers.

I just have a couple of questions to help me understand the issue from here:

1. What problem are you encountering specifically?
  2. Do you see any errors on the page or in the browser console?
  3. What mobile browsers are you testing with?
  4. Is this on iOS, Android or both?

Thanks,
Max

Dear Max,
Thank you very much for your prompt support.
Kindly see my comments below under the questions;
1.What problem are you encountering specifically?
I can join the meeting but can’t start video
2.Do you see any errors on the page or in the browser console?
No, there is no error on logs.
3.What mobile browsers are you testing with?
Safari and Chrome
4.Is this on iOS, Android or both?
We are having problem with both.
Addition to these points, I just want to know if users who has no Zoom application in mobile, can participate the meeting with join_url and have audio and video?

Hey @procrackerone,

Thank you for the update. When you attempt to start the video, do you see any errors on the page or in the browser console? For Android, you can use Remote Debugging to check this. If so, please send them to me. Also, what version of the SDK are you using?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max, thanks for the response. We dont receive any error from page or browser console.

We receive the error when we run the sample project that is built up in github name as " sample-web-app ".

We are developing web app and want that users will participate from browser with their mobile not from mobile application.

Hey @procrackerone,

Thank you for providing additional information. What command are you using to run the project and what error are you encountering?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max, we are commanding with " ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm()" “; ZoomMtg.prepareJssdk();” and we do not receive any error but it doesn’t work as well. Can we connect our page and look it at together?

Hey @procrackerone,

Thank you for providing additional information. I attempted to reproduce the issue on my end and I was able to see that using Chrome on iOS, I was only able to view other participants but was not able to share audio or video. When testing with Android, I was able to join with audio and video.

When we look a the Mobile Browser Support Table (shown below) we can see that this is the expected behavior based on what features are supported for mobile browsers. In other words, can you confirm that the behavior you’re seeing matches up with our supported features? From what I saw, it’s working as expected.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for the clarification. It means that there is no mobile browser support for IOS to have video/audio call. Is there any plan for near future?

Thanks

Hey @procrackerone,

Thank you for your question. That’s correct, at this time there is no support for sharing audio or video through a mobile browser on iOS due to platform restrictions. We are always working to improve the Web SDK and this is definitely a big feature we would like to add in the future but I don’t have an ETA for when it will be available.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.