Web Meeting SDK 2.3.0 Virtual Background Broken

Description
Web Meeting SDK virtual background literally just replaces the entire camera with the background, it does not show the face in the middle anymore. Only happens in 2.3.0

Browser Console Error
N/A

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Try using virtual background, view in Zoom Desktop Client

Screenshots

Hey @developer-whova
Thanks for reaching out to Developer Support!
Unfortunately I was not able to replicate this issue on my end.
Have you tried running our Sample app?

Cheers,
Elisa

can you take a screen shot on what you see on your side

Hi, @developer-whova,

Happy to help here! Is this issue reproducible with the Web Client or the Zoom Client? Also, can you clarify what you mean by it does not show the face anymore? If you could share the exact steps to reproduce and screenshots of the actual result vs. expected result, that would help diagnose what may be happening?

I will keep an eye out for your reply.

Best,
Donte

1 Like

So if you use the virtual background from the Web Meeting SDK Client, it does not shows the face and instead, the virtual background covers the entire thing. :no_mouth:

I figured it out the bug is in the JS file of the NPM package, it works when I use the source.zoom.us, it is sort of related to that other ticket where the React is undefined I guess, please fix the NPM builds soon.

Hi, @developer-whova,

Thank you for sharing this workaround. I’ve logged this edge case and will share it with our internal team for further investigation.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.